So here's an introduction. 

Good Afternoon! I am typing here on this very forum site. My name is Timber, and I love Dragon Quest. 

I started out with IX, I believe. I was in my first year of University and I remember spilling so many hours into that game. It awoke within me my passion for randomly-generated dungeons, and DQ in general kindled my love for genuine, unfiltered adventure. After that, I think I played VIII, and I just fell in love with the series. Buying the games were kinda tight, but as I grew up, I started keeping eyes out for game after game, until I finally played (almost beaten, working on IV) every DQ numbered title.

I've recently picked up X, and I can't put it down. Sure, I'm struggling with proper armor, but it's nothing that a skilled Weddie thief like yours truly can't handle.

[Honorable mentions- I like Disgaea (TRPGs in general), Etrian Odyssey, and Yakuza, but we don't talk about those here, dood.]

Apart from that, I do voiceover, and I draw on occasion. I'm a loner mostly, but I try to make friends. It's a struggle, let me tell you. I can barely type it o-

Anyway, thanks for having me here.

• Like 2
So here's an introduction. 

Good Afternoon! I am typing here on this very forum site. My name is Timber, and I love Dragon Quest. 

I started out with IX, I believe. I was in my first year of University and I remember spilling so many hours into that game. It awoke within me my passion for randomly-generated dungeons, and DQ in general kindled my love for genuine, unfiltered adventure. After that, I think I played VIII, and I just fell in love with the series. Buying the games were kinda tight, but as I grew up, I started keeping eyes out for game after game, until I finally played (almost beaten, working on IV) every DQ numbered title.

I've recently picked up X, and I can't put it down. Sure, I'm struggling with proper armor, but it's nothing that a skilled Weddie thief like yours truly can't handle.

[Honorable mentions- I like Disgaea (TRPGs in general), Etrian Odyssey, and Yakuza, but we don't talk about those here, dood.]

Apart from that, I do voiceover, and I draw on occasion. I'm a loner mostly, but I try to make friends. It's a struggle, let me tell you. I can barely type it o-

Anyway, thanks for having me here.
Yay more X players! Welcome to the Den.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Den, glad you decided to join our group :)

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

Yay more X players! Welcome to the Den.

Heck yeah. It'd be nice to explore the lands of DQX with others.

59 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Welcome to the Den, glad you decided to join our group :)

Likewise! Your site has been a proper help to me, like returning to DQVIII on 3DS for insane alchemy hours, and LITERALLY EVERYTHING after the first half of DQ, so cheers, lol.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Den, our own little slice of the Internet!

Oh, the armor struggle in X. Yeah, that got me too!

Yeah unless you want to farm drops forever, the bazaar is pretty necessary for the good armor. It doesn't feel like it holds you back until late v2 though.

6 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Yeah unless you want to farm drops forever, the bazaar is pretty necessary for the good armor. It doesn't feel like it holds you back until late v2 though.

Yeah, about that... apparently I've been on trial version the whole time despite having the game? And now I've registered my account... I think? I still can't claim my yellow rewards and bazaar stuff, lol.

Gotta look into it and see what I'm doing wrong.

• Like 1
Yeah, about that... apparently I've been on trial version the whole time despite having the game? And now I've registered my account... I think? I still can't claim my yellow rewards and bazaar stuff, lol.

Gotta look into it and see what I'm doing wrong.
You should have a game code that you will register on your account.

Welcome to the Den! Watch your feet, don't step off the thread, and you'll do fine!

I dallied with the demo for DQX a few years ago but since my interest is mainly story and worldbuilding, my lack of Japanese ultimately held me back. If I play, it'd probably have to be an English version (which is... unlikely).

Welcome to the Den! Watch your feet, don't step off the thread, and you'll do fine!

I dallied with the demo for DQX a few years ago but since my interest is mainly story and worldbuilding, my lack of Japanese ultimately held me back. If I play, it'd probably have to be an English version (which is... unlikely).
Yeah, I'd be awesome if someone was working on translating the offline DQX version!