Does anyone know where to find these post-game? I have about 2 monsters left to fill up my Big Book of Beasts and that is one of them. A few Gamefaqs posts suggested at this stage, it can only be found on T'n'T games with monsters around level 20. Has anyone else had luck tracking one down?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Playing for hours but no luck! I've got a level 18 Great Dragon and have been doing laps of the Spring T'n'T board. I've found some comfort at Japanese sites list that T'n'T is a good way to find them (Eventually!) 

https://game8.jp/dq5/75692

This site gives some better details, so I may have some more grinding to go with my Great Dragon:

-https://kyokugen.info/dq5/dq5_ds_sugmons.html

It seems people have found it by landing on the mountain squares with a character around level 27/28. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Good morning! I managed to bag myself the Morphean Mollusc yesterday and complete my Big Book of Beasts, and thought it would be wise to share my experience in case anyone else has the same problem.

https://kyokugen.info/dq5/dq5_ds_sugmons.html - This link essentially has everything I needed, levels and locations for the monsters that can be missed. They can be found on the T'n'T/Sugoroku boards by playing with characters at certain levels and landing on certain squares. I also discovered a few tricks that forced the Morphean Mollusc to spawn after a few hundred runs around the boards.

The Monsters

Bur Baby
Monster Number: 2
Squares Found: Grass Field
Character Level: 2, 31, 37

Boring Bug
Monster Number: 3
Squares Found: Grass Field & Mountains
Character Level:
In Grass Field - 2, 3, 4, 8, 20, 14, 37
In Mountains - 99 

Funky Ferret
Monster Number: 9
Squares Found: Grass Field, Woods, Slime
Character Level: 
Grass Field - 6, 14, 16, 24, 32, 37, 39, 43, 49, 99
Woods - 2, 3, 4, 6, 10
Slime - 3

Drackyma
Monster Number: 24
Squares Found: Woods, Mountains, Slime
Character Level: 
Woods - 13, 14
Mountains - 10
Slime - 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10

Brrrattling Snake
Monster Number: 29
Squares Found: Woods, Mountains, Slime
Character Level: 
Woods - 13, 14, 15
Mountains - 10
Slime - 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Screwball Pitcher
Monster Number: 31
Squares Found: Woods, Mountains
Character Level: 
Woods - 14, 16
Mountains - 14

Eyelasher
Monster Number: 36
Squares Found: Woods, Mountain, Slime
Character Level: 
Woods - 15, 16
Mountain - 14, 15
Slime - 14, 16

Pollywiggle
Monster Number: 180
Character Level: 
Woods - 42
Mountain - 27, 28
Slime - 27, 28, 29

Morphean Mollusc
Monster Number: 182
Squares Found: Mountain
Character Level: 
Mountain - 27, 28

Cross Bones
Monster Number: 187
Squares Found: Mountain
Character Level: 
Mountain - 29, 33, 35, 37, 39, 42, 43, 49, 52, 64, 65, 74

Thaumatosaurus
Monster Number: 190
Character Level: 
Woods - 43
Mountain - 32, 37, 39, 43, 45, 49, 52, 64, 65, 74
Slime - 29

Process and Tips

• Get the TnT free pass from the Nadiria T'n'T board. This was essential because of the amount of times I went around the board.
  • Get a character to the correct level. Mine were all 40/50 at this point so I recruited a new monster and went grinding until I hit the correct level.
  • Head to any T'n'T board. Everything I've read indicates that the board doesn't affect the monsters that spawn.
  • Play the board a few times, ensuring you have a good few battles on the square you're after.
  • If the monster doesn't spawn, go to the world map and then return to the board. I'm not certain, but I believe this "refreshes" the monsters that are currently spawning for you. I'd had 11 mountain fights and no luck, I did this and the next mountain fight was Morphean Mollusc.
  • Although the board doesn't seem to affect the monsters, there are boards that give you better odds of landing on certain squares. I found on the Spring T'n'T board that there was a mountain square with a "Go back 5" sqaure five spaces in front of it, there were a few times I managed to land on the mountain, roll a 5 and land back on the mountain. 

I hope this is helpful to someone else! Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm sure there is more information on other monsters on the Japanese sites I've been using.

Edited by Tigermask