Import arrived.

AzureZoa

So there's more exclusive content to DQ Heroes 2 for the Switch. Here's what I know so far:

-There's a DQ3 outfit based on Erdrick right off the bat for Teresa and Lazarel. DQ1 outfit is available off the bat, too. The DQ2 outfit based on the Prince of Midenhall is not yet available. That's probably after beating Malroth.

-Frame rate dips are very noticeable. It isn't terrible, it's still playable, but it does struggle to consistently maintain a good frame rate if enough GFX and monsters are on the field.

-If you use a controller for the Steam, PS4, or whatever other versions, then you're in luck as this game plays the same on the Switch controller. Highly useful for an Xbone controller user like myself.

-Ragnar McRyan is not available right off the bat. I've gotten access to the dungeons, and he is not available. The DQH1 cast is though. I can only assume he's added to the main roster of characters, so I'll keep an eye out for him.

-There is a download before you first start up the game. I have no idea what is for.

-Graphically the game isn't terrible. Holds up just fine, but compared to the Steam version, there are noticeable GFX removals and a lot of them are very toned down.

-Load times aren't terrible which is surprising.

Despite the lack of any form of English subtitles or text, I've spent a lot of time playing the one on Steam, so I can understand most everything. If I have any questions I can cross reference where everything is on the English version. I'll update more as I progress in the game.

Edited by AzureZoa

Looks like there's couch co-op if you have another Switch. Platty, you may want to check this out.

• Like 1

So far the game seems okay, but the physics in this game are really horrendous. The capes and scarves used by Lazarel and Teresa especially. You turn to the side quickly and the cape looks like an action from Super Mario World for the SNES. You might as well be Cape Mario. The cape is that stiff when you turn. Especially repeatedly. 

Looks like there's couch co-op if you have another Switch. Platty, you may want to check this out.
Doesn't needing a 2nd Switch by definition mean not couch co-op?

I'm assuming it needs a 2nd copy of the game?

Thinking Christmas may bring me a new Light Switch.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Doesn't needing a 2nd Switch by definition mean not couch co-op?

I'm assuming it needs a 2nd copy of the game?

Thinking Christmas may bring me a new Light Switch.

Well it technically can be couch co-op. It doesn't inherently mean one game must support multiple players, especially if there is another way for multiple players to be next to one another and play together. As for a second copy of the game, I don't really know as I can't read hiragana or katakana very well. I only know a couple terms and nothing I could make out. But there was an icon for connecting multiple Switches together via local wireless. With the lack of download play like the DS and 3DS supported, I would be strongly inclined to believe that it would require another copy.

• Like 1