Torneko no Daibouken (GBA) Translation Patch

Thank you! Progress was a bit stalled recently, work has taken over a bit but I've got some time off this week. This morning I'm checking through items and working on translations that fit into the space I have. Scrolls may become Books although items have icons next to them, so it'll be tweaking until it looks right (And based on feedback when I share stuff!). I don't know if I'll have any screenshots to share today but hopefully most items will have a correct translation before long!

Edited by Tigermask
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for all of the messages and support! I really appreciate the comments! I'm chipping away at the story mode text a bit more but have a much better idea of the layout of the ROM. I'll share so

I just registered to this forums to keep track of this I LOVE the game and am searching for a translation for it every few years.. seems like my dream is coming a bit reachable ;_;?

Hi everyone. I started messing about with a a Torneko ROM and was wondering if there was much interest in a translation patch for it? I've found a couple of people mention one in the works but nothing

Posted Images

Just now, Tigermask

Thank you! Progress was a bit stalled recently, work has taken over a bit but I've got some time off this week. This morning I'm checking through items and working on translations that fit into the space I have. Scrolls may become Books although items have icons next to them, so it'll be tweaking until it looks right (And based on feedback when I share stuff!). I don't know if I'll have any screenshots to share today but hopefully most items will have a correct translation before long!

Always enjoy hearing about this. Were talking about this project last night on the Slime Time after party.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've made some progress on items/monsters in the game. I didn't realise there were so many different types of precious stones in existence >.<

A DQer also got in touch and has sent me a load of information from spreadsheets to help the cause! (I won't share their name in case they don't want me to). Knowing that other people are keen to see the project progress is helping definitely. I'm still planning to have a very early release out this year with a strong focus on text in the dungeon segments, please let me know if you're you're interested and I'll share a link.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man,

I literally signed up for this account for the express purpose of telling you that you are doing the Lord's work.  Torneko: The Last Hope is one of my all-time favourite games, and I've been frustrated as all everything that there's no English version of Torneko 3 since I learned it existed.  Please, please, please keep working on this, and make sure I know where I can download it when it's at all ready.

You are awesome.

edit:  I just saw that my original post is above this.  Took forever to get my account set up.  Whatever, you're awesome twice.  ...thrice now I guess.

Edited by Yoshimitsu
  • Like 1

I've made some progress on items/monsters in the game. I didn't realise there were so many different types of precious stones in existence >. A DQer also got in touch and has sent me a load of information from spreadsheets to help the cause! (I won't share their name in case they don't want me to). Knowing that other people are keen to see the project progress is helping definitely. I'm still planning to have a very early release out this year with a strong focus on text in the dungeon segments, please let me know if you're you're interested and I'll share a link.

Always good to hear about more fans!
  • Like 1

We're back in lockdown in England and the weather is miserable, so you may see more screenshots in the coming weeks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tigermask said:

We're back in lockdown in England and the weather is miserable, so you may see more screenshots in the coming weeks!

Covid-19.  Making DQ Translations possible, since 2020!

• Like 1

I just registered to this forums to keep track of this :D I LOVE the game and am searching for a translation for it every few years.. seems like my dream is coming a bit reachable ;_;?

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, josmo said:

I just registered to this forums to keep track of this :D I LOVE the game and am searching for a translation for it every few years.. seems like my dream is coming a bit reachable ;_;?

Haha! No pressure! I'm really happy people are excited to see this though. 

do have a question if anyone has any suggestions. Currently working through the list of monsters and have come across:

フャーラット
レノフャイター
コロフャイター
プチフャイター

I can't find anything here, on Google or some of the Japanese sites. I've checked over the hexadecimal a few times to make sure I have the right names to be sure. Anyone know what this is? Hopefully someone knows otherwise we might have to wait until someone finds them in-game.

Edited by Tigermask
  • Like 1

Are you sure those are spelled right?

On 12/5/2020 at 6:51 AM, Tigermask said:

フャーラット

Looks like Furrat

The others are Reno Fighter, Koro Fighter, and Peachy Fighter. I believe these are the Foo/Pod/etc. fighters.

Edit: Reno Fighter is actually Moosedon/Enormoose

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Like 1

It looks like you've got small ャ and small ァ switched here. If you swap them, all of those monsters exist.

And by Furrat I mean Feralball

• Like 2

Thank you @Erdrick The Hero! I'm still refining my thingy-table 😉

I've made more progress on items recently but also broke a dungeon (and possibly other things) so I've got a clean ROM and am working more methodically. Korra II A Royal over at the Mystery Dungeon wiki has been supporting me with testing and has even bought a load of the Japanese guides! 

Unfortunately, a lot of the work I've done doesn't allow for any interesting screenshots at the moment, but hopefully the "Free play" mode will be a bit more playable in the new year. 

• Like 1

Overall great news!!

Thank you [mention=3849]Erdrick The Hero[/mention]! I'm still refining my thingy-table 

Hey, hey, this is a family-friendly site, keep your thingy off the table!
  • Like 1
Overall great news!!

There's a reason I'm not invited to family meals any more

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Overall great news!!

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/217/

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 5:47 AM, Tigermask said:

Hi everyone. I started messing about with a a Torneko ROM and was wondering if there was much interest in a translation patch for it? I've found a couple of people mention one in the works but nothing more than that. I've already made a start on the menu screen at the beginning but wanted to:

A) Check there wasn't already one in the works or available.

B) Gauge the interest of one. 

The only other translation project I've worked on was Final Fire Pro Wrestling for the GBA. Translating a wrestling game might not sound overly complicated but it had a promotion management mode and I figured out how to edit all of the wrestlers, promotions and other bits too.

Anyway! Please let me know what you think.

Hey man, i only register to reply to you !!!

Thanks for the work. I played the SNES game and now i begin the PSX game. Love this character and game.

• Like 2

Hey Tigermask I literally just made an account to say this project is awesome! Thanks so much for the time you're taking to make this translation a reality. I am a huge DW and DQ fan and have been itching to play all the GBA titles we missed out on in the west.

• Like 2

I've got a few screenshots to share so far! The menu is getting there, I've got a few options to translate in "Extra Mode" and I've had a corrupt save message pop up that I need to do. You can now also enter a name using western characters (A-Z), only upper case at the moment. Lower case is causing me a few issues. Some of the wording is off on the text, for example "Factory Reset" only resets the settings and I might change the wording for "clicking" the explain option.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the messages and support! I really appreciate the comments! I'm chipping away at the story mode text a bit more but have a much better idea of the layout of the ROM. I'll share some screenshots and hopefully an early beta soon too!

• Like 4
Thank you for all of the messages and support! I really appreciate the comments! I'm chipping away at the story mode text a bit more but have a much better idea of the layout of the ROM. I'll share some screenshots and hopefully an early beta soon too!
Yay! Glad you're still at it & making progress. There's not a week that goes by that I'm not mentioning this on Facebook or Twitter or Discord or some tiny corner of the DQEU of social media, mainly as mentions when people bring up "I wish I'd played more DQ Mystery Dungeon"! Keep at it and best wishes!
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, Tigermask said:

Thank  you for the work !!! I show the SNES and PSX game for friends and they loved. Until now they don´t ever see this game. And now we are playing lol.

I already finished the PSX game 😢

• Like 1