DragonQuest2IsGood

What is the best weapon type for Serena and Veronica?

Posted (edited)

I'm at the point in the game where you're at Gallopolis.

Edited by DragonQuest2IsGood

This comes down to preference. The game is set up in such a way that you can beat it choosing any weapon-type. But, if you want to maximize these two characters strengths then stick to heavy wands and wands respectfully.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlefgardHero said:

This comes down to preference. The game is set up in such a way that you can beat it choosing any weapon-type. But, if you want to maximize these two characters strengths then stick to heavy wands and wands respectfully.

Respectively it would actually be wands and then heavy wands but yeah you can just choose your preferred weapon types anyway.

They're magic users, don't overthink it.

• Like 1

The best weapon type for Serena doesn't matter that much since she is best suited not being active in your party.

Sorry, I just don't like her lol

The best weapon type for Serena doesn't matter that much since she is best suited not being active in your party.

She's an Act 2 super power. Actually, other than the butt-cut hero, she's the only one always in my party.

7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, Twinkie said:

She's an Act 2 super power. Actually, other than the butt-cut hero, she's the only one always in my party.

She is a necessity in Act 2. But for Act 1 and 3, she is probably the character I got the least amount of use from.

My gripes with her are similar to Jade. I felt like she didn't have much spotlight and much of a personality to really play out in the story overall. Outside of that one scene later on. But at least with Jade I had a lot more use in my party.

• Like 1

She is a necessity in Act 2. But for Act 1 and 3, she is probably the character I got the least amount of use from.

My gripes with her are similar to Jade. I felt like she didn't have much spotlight and much of a personality to really play out in the story overall. Outside of that one scene later on. But at least with Jade I had a lot more use in my party.
Yeah, Jade I never developed much into a steady party member for her. I never knew a good build, so she always took a backseat to Erik or Hendrick for my #2 slot.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Yeah, Jade I never developed much into a steady party member for her. I never knew a good build, so she always took a backseat to Erik or Hendrick for my #2 slot.

I never really used Erik that much. I am too much of a fan of multi-thrust to really not play Jade.

One of my goals with the next playthrough is to have Erik nearly dedicated into my party. I didn't play around too much with boomerangs and wanna give it a try.

• Like 1

Yeah Serena is really 1-dimensional and boring compared to her sister who is funny and cool like Sylvando.

I really don't get the Serena hate. I guess I'm in the minority with liking a full time healer in my main party most of the time. Also, even though Jade has the better backstory, I thought she came off as more one dimensional than Serena through most of the story (not just act 2).

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, Twinkie said:

I never really used Erik that much. I am too much of a fan of multi-thrust to really not play Jade.

One of my goals with the next playthrough is to have Erik nearly dedicated into my party. I didn't play around too much with boomerangs and wanna give it a try.

If you get him to have the divide power, Erik can be a powerhouse. 

• Like 1