Bluestar

Skill and Equipment Lists

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to include a section on the main site for equipment and skills?

I sure can, I just haven't taken the time to try to gather it, and I cannot seem to find a way to extract the text info from the game

9 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I sure can, I just haven't taken the time to try to gather it, and I cannot seem to find a way to extract the text info from the game

There's a way to extract text from games? That's pretty neat! I was thinking it would be a super huge task.

But I also think it would be really satisfying to look at when it was finished :)

Is there anything I can do to help? (Clearly I've never done this type of thing before, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn!)

Well since I cannot figure out how to extract from the game itself (I'm no expert at this either), it is either typing the info from the game into a spreadsheet and taking screenshots, or use this site (https://game8.jp/archives/36837) and match items up for translated items in the game.

So an excel spreadsheet/google sheets would work?I can start one of those if you'd like (Maybe not today.... but this weekend for sure!):)

I've used the site for like 10 years at this point, I figure it's time I start contributing a little bit

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, either would work for me. Thank you. What info should we capture?  Name, Max evolved stat (like 63 attack for bastard sword), main skill and effective against?

So something like this you think?

Name, Type, rarity, Max Stat, Main Skill, Effective Against

Bastard Sword, sword, 3, 63, Flame Slash, Dragons

Edited by Woodus
added rarity

Posted (edited)

Works for me! Things do get a little tricky with all the different evolutions, but do we want to also incude the different possible skill slots and their ranks?

It might also be good include a column for a second main skill (for alchemized weapons) and for a secondary stat increast i.e sage's staff increases magic attack by 20

Of course, weapons is probably the most complicated list in the compendium to start with but here we are lol.

Edited by Bluestar
  • Like 1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h5a6TKxLL_9YaOk5zZEeofRBErALVERa6iq6tbouBSw/edit?usp=sharing

Ok! Here's what I have so far. I went a little trigger happy on making sheets for all the sections of the compendium...... but so far the only one with anything on it is the weapons, and I've added the names and rarities of the ones I have. I also added the "effective against" for the specific weapon type i.e. all swords are effective against dragons.

I didn't want to have the link give the whole world editing privileges, but if anyone wants to collaborate on it I can make that work! (Especially since everyone has gotten different pulls) :)

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 5:13 PM, Bluestar said:

Ok! Here's what I have so far. I went a little trigger happy on making sheets for all the sections of the compendium...... but so far the only one with anything on it is the weapons, and I've added the names and rarities of the ones I have. I also added the "effective against" for the specific weapon type i.e. all swords are effective against dragons.

I have what you had (plus the extras I had) and created this list - https://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqstarsandios/weapons.php

Each column is sortable.

Amazing!

I'm planning to keep working and figure out how to add sprites on there at some point. I started filling in the pages for consumable items and food (I thought those would be easier than equipment.... lol)

I'll let you know when I'm able to make some bigger updates :)

16 hours ago, Bluestar said:

I'm planning to keep working and figure out how to add sprites on there at some point.

If you don't want to add them to the sheet just screenshots of them would work and then I can batch crop the images down to item size.

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

If you don't want to add them to the sheet just screenshots of them would work and then I can batch crop the images down to item size.

Yeah, I'm discovering that google sheets really does not like pictures

I will send those when I get home later today :) 

Edited by Bluestar