jay

Dragon Quest Rivals trailer for Story Mode and new card pack.

No set release date aside from August 2020, but we'll be getting a single player campaign complete with skill trees and other RPG mechanics. At the same time, the game will be retitled to Dragon Quest Rivals Ace, and add a bunch of new cards. More details coming August 6th, and I'll post them as soon as I have them.

• Like 3

That looks... awesome. Although I know it's only the card game. Ah, this will get me back to playing next month!

I was working through the individuals puzzles/tutorials and after completing all the first group, and 2nd group, I got stuck and then moved on. Now I want to pull it back up!

I hope they localize this one at some point, took 5 years to get Starts, so if Rivals came out in 2017, do you think we might see it around 2022?

3 hours ago, Woodus said:

I hope they localize this one at some point, took 5 years to get Starts, so if Rivals came out in 2017, do you think we might see it around 2022?

Maybe. Square Enix has been supporting their mobile titles fairly well over here, even if it takes a few years. I mean, that Romancing SaGa one I’ve been playing is from a series that isn’t exactly a big seller here in the west, but SE still brought it over.

My guess is we’ll see DQ Rivals at some point, but maybe not for another year or so.

Maybe. Square Enix has been supporting their mobile titles fairly well over here, even if it takes a few years. I mean, that Romancing SaGa one I’ve been playing is from a series that isn’t exactly a big seller here in the west, but SE still brought it over.
My guess is we’ll see DQ Rivals at some point, but maybe not for another year or so.
Oh C'mon... 2e74e22d71893014b300e78efbc317c9.jpg

ARGH, I wanna play this game, but it's so confusing

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Oh C'mon... 2e74e22d71893014b300e78efbc317c9.jpg

Hey, if they can localize a SaGa mobile gacha game, they can do a DQ mobile card game.

Hey, if they can localize a SaGa mobile gacha game, they can do a DQ mobile card game.
They CAN.
They won't.

Other than Pokémon TCG & SteamWorld Quest (which was really more just traditional RPG with cards in there, not really a card game), this is the only card game I've ever cared about. I can't let Squeenix get my hopes up about any DQ, or one day I'll be in a psyc ward showing where they hurt me.

18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

They CAN.
They won't.

Other than Pokémon TCG & SteamWorld Quest (which was really more just traditional RPG with cards in there, not really a card game), this is the only card game I've ever cared about. I can't let Squeenix get my hopes up about any DQ, or one day I'll be in a psyc ward showing where they hurt me. emoji22.pngemoji24.pngemoji1787.pngemoji12.png

I understand. It’s why I’ve been so indifferent towards Atlus for a long time. It’s why I was so hyped and thankful for that announcement last Monday.

I feel that it be a big risk for Square to localize this. Lots of text and voice work to translate, all for a free to play, fairly niche genre. Buuuut, with the rebranding being designed to pull in knew players according to the devs, this is as good a time as any.

• Like 1

Why the fresh hell does Nelgel keep appearing alongside proper bosses... 

Atleast they understand his monster form is idiotic-looking. 

Not really familiar with the plot from 10. What's his deal?

1 hour ago, jay said:

Not really familiar with the plot from 10. What's his deal?

Same, but he seems to be more of a Hargon figure to Madesagora. Wiki lists him as DQX act 1 boss. 

Besides, I just find his design displeasingly cluttered for a humanoid demon.