AlefgardHero

My DQ11S experience... So far.

27 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No, it’s based on a Scandinavian accent. It’s not American based.

He sounds like a brit trying to do a BAWSTIN accent.

He sounds like a brit trying to do a BAWSTIN accent.
Look up Scandinavian accents. That's absolutely what it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Look up Scandinavian accents. That's absolutely what it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep. That’s just how it sounds. I think the only characters who have voiced lines with an actual American accent are Carver and Terry in the Dragon Quest Heroes games, and I think Carver’s is moreso based on a Canadian accent.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Yep. That’s just how it sounds. I think the only characters who have voiced lines with an actual American accent are Carver and Terry in the Dragon Quest Heroes games, and I think Carver’s is moreso based on a Canadian accent.
He's what now? 119bc33493f652b47892c045e62a3852.jpg

On 8/29/2020 at 3:40 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No, it’s based on a Scandinavian accent. It’s not American based.

And thus my ignorance shows itself. 

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

And thus my ignorance shows itself. 

Nah, don’t worry about it.

Hmm... maybe it's finally time for me to beat DQ11S.  I'm just leaving Lonalulu if I recall.  Poor Michelle. 

I've skimmed the topic and seen very interesting things. Erik's accent is Scandinavian?  Who knew. His accent always reminded me of my New Yorker father-in-law.

*shrugs* Learn something new every day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Hmm... maybe it's finally time for me to beat DQ11S.  I'm just leaving Lonalulu if I recall.  Poor Michelle. 

I've skimmed the topic and seen very interesting things. Erik's accent is Scandinavian?  Who knew. His accent always reminded me of my New Yorker father-in-law.

*shrugs* Learn something new every day.

Heck yeah it's time to beat it!

Is this your first run of the game?

25 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Heck yeah it's time to beat it!

Is this your first run of the game?

It certainly is.  I just left Nautica with the Green Orb, and arrived at La Academie de Notre Maitre des Medailles, where I left off last night. 

I'm pressing further forward very shortly.  I like the game, and I like the Tickington Chronicles too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

It certainly is.  I just left Nautica with the Green Orb, and arrived at La Academie de Notre Maitre des Medailles, where I left off last night. 

I'm pressing further forward very shortly.  I like the game, and I like the Tickington Chronicles too. 

Good. There is certainly no reason to rush, and plenty of reason to do the opposite. 

On 8/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I think Carver’s is moreso based on a Canadian accent.

He sounds like a pirate.

Currently at Phonm Nohn, just arrived, saved there, and will explore it very soon.  Still trying to work out who my favorite party members are!  Sylvando is a must, trying to work out who fills in the other 2 spots and when. 

• Like 2

Currently at Phonm Nohn, just arrived, saved there, and will explore it very soon.  Still trying to work out who my favorite party members are!  Sylvando is a must, trying to work out who fills in the other 2 spots and when. 
That's the thing, I swap in and out so regularly, with who's pepped, is there a metal monster, do I want to hit a large group of enemies or just one, etc. So I've never worried about whom is in my front four (at least for DQ11).
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AlefgardHero said:

That's the thing, I swap in and out so regularly, with who's pepped, is there a metal monster, do I want to hit a large group of enemies or just one, etc. So I've never worried about whom is in my front four (at least for DQ11).

Good point.  I suppose it'd be best to think in terms of which characters work best for my current goals, and instead ask "what skills should they have first?"  I made Sylv learn Hustle Dance as early as possible, and even though his MP pool is pitiful at present, it's been worth the investment. 

I would guess there's all manner of supportive and conflicting reports on which builds are optimal goals at which points of the game, but I say Sylv with Hustle Dance is best healer if you get it early, and I'll die on that hill.  He can learn it way before anyone else learns Multiheal for equivalent effect.  Having Single Phials and Magic Waters on hand helps him keep up with the party's HP needs, if care is taken to use them between battles.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:21 PM, AlefgardHero said:
On 9/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, The Dog of Zahan said:

Yep, in my switch playthrough, I kept characters pepped as often as I could. 

7 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Yep, in my switch playthrough, I kept characters pepped as often as I could. 

Does this mean that Pepped Up characters remain so if you bench them while they are Pepped?  IT wears of not over real time buyt by the number of rounds they spend pepped in battle (or after using Pep Powers)?

anyway, I'm in the middle of the BIG turning point after collecting the Orbs.  Just... Wow.  I knew things were going to go south and result in much more game, but... never expected this level of bad luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Does this mean that Pepped Up characters remain so if you bench them while they are Pepped?  IT wears of not over real time buyt by the number of rounds they spend pepped in battle (or after using Pep Powers)?

Yep, if they're benched, they stay pepped. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Also the announcer and some other characters in Octogonia have US accents.