Dragon Quest XI S is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam on 4 December 2020

5 hours ago, Prince of Cannock said:

I played the original on ps4.

Play the demo first.

If you complete the Demo, you get 3 Seeds of Skill when you start up the main game, on top of the DLC that will exist for the main game.  Trust me, it sounds like a small thing, but it's not.  Even +3 skill points goes a long way, especially if you save those seeds through the end of Act 1.  There's a duplication element specific to the game itself, and how it works at the end of Act 1, where you'll get that duplication at the start of Act 3.

If you're curious to know more, I'll link you to my post somewhere in this forum that fully details it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ I mean, the fact that it’s portable gives it an edge over the other console versions imo.

I feel sorry for those who will have to buy this all over again but I can say this much: It's a must-buy for any fan of this game who missed out on the Switch version

My problem with it was where it was placed. They should have had those mini arcs being told by the respect characters either after they joined or right before they officially rejoined the party. I def

Posted Images

PSA for those of you who want to purchase the original version of Dragon Quest XI on Steam and PlayStation 4.

9 hours ago, Dakhil said:

PSA for those of you who want to purchase the original version of Dragon Quest XI on Steam and PlayStation 4.

You cannot purchase, only redownload if you've already purchased the original release.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA08546_00-DQXIDAYONE000000

For this reason, and because of certain additions, I'm keeping my original release:

- Crossbow Mini-Game

- Slightly better graphics/more stuff/slightly better textures in some areas like leaves and faces (barely noticeable)

- Draconian mode is different and arguably harder (Super Strong Monsters has different stat buffs, and even different AI pattern changes from the DE...some harder than the DE, some less so, overall mostly more difficult).

- Will likely become the "rare" version at some point.

Edited by ignasia
8 hours ago, ignasia said:

You cannot purchase, only redownload if you've already purchased the original release.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA08546_00-DQXIDAYONE000000

For this reason, and because of certain additions, I'm keeping my original release:

- Crossbow Mini-Game

- Slightly better graphics/more stuff/slightly better textures in some areas like leaves and faces (barely noticeable)

- Draconian mode is different and arguably harder (Super Strong Monsters has different stat buffs, and even different AI pattern changes from the DE...some harder than the DE, some less so, overall mostly more difficult).

- Will likely become the "rare" version at some point.

Technically, Steam codes for the original version of Dragon Quest XI are still available to purchase for now.

I've already have Dragon Quest XI on Steam and Dragon Quest XI S on the Nintendo Switch, so I think I'm good.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Hopefully they don't can the older games ability to be activated.

39 minutes ago, ethanej said:

I don't believe they'll go that far.  There are still CE releases around, and that would royally piss off people who spent $150+ with tax.  So they'll have to keep the auto-downloads for any DLC codes going at least until the expiration date.

Especially as Edition of Light codes are still available for any "new" physical copies, or any Digital codes purchased outside PSN.

I imagine SE isn't releasing extra codes for purchase, so those download digital codes for the original will eventually become a limited time offer, and I wonder if they'll sell to 3rd party resell, and we see those on Amazon and Ebay for 80+ soon.

3 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Technically, Steam codes for the original version of Dragon Quest XI are still available to purchase for now.

I've already have Dragon Quest XI on Steam and Dragon Quest XI S on the Nintendo Switch, so I think I'm good.

Yeah, I forgot about those sellers, but those codes will be limited.  I don't think SE is printing up more digital codes, and I suspect they'll sit on them for awhile.  I wonder if they can be sold to 3rd party retailers to sell?  I think they can, and if so, I expect we'll see 80+, especially as the original will appeal to collectors or people who want the extra challenge, or a different challenge format with Draconian...or the crossbow mini-game (which actually helps out anyone seeking extra seeds going into Act 3, though it does mean not using any).

Especially given the Edition of Light can be argued as preferable due to the two accessories.

1 hour ago, ethanej said:

I am speaking from personal experience. I have purchased codes for delisted and removed games in the past. Never had a problem with it. So if you buy a code, it should work just fine.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 2:43 PM, ignasia said:

I don't believe they'll go that far.  There are still CE releases around, and that would royally piss off people who spent $150+ with tax.  So they'll have to keep the auto-downloads for any DLC codes going at least until the expiration date.

Especially as Edition of Light codes are still available for any "new" physical copies, or any Digital codes purchased outside PSN.

I imagine SE isn't releasing extra codes for purchase, so those download digital codes for the original will eventually become a limited time offer, and I wonder if they'll sell to 3rd party resell, and we see those on Amazon and Ebay for 80+ soon.

Yeah, I forgot about those sellers, but those codes will be limited.  I don't think SE is printing up more digital codes, and I suspect they'll sit on them for awhile.  I wonder if they can be sold to 3rd party retailers to sell?  I think they can, and if so, I expect we'll see 80+, especially as the original will appeal to collectors or people who want the extra challenge, or a different challenge format with Draconian...or the crossbow mini-game (which actually helps out anyone seeking extra seeds going into Act 3, though it does mean not using any).

Especially given the Edition of Light can be argued as preferable due to the two accessories.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, Twinkie said:

I am speaking from personal experience. I have purchased codes for delisted and removed games in the past. Never had a problem with it. So if you buy a code, it should work just fine.

I'm talking about the Denuvo Antitamper activation.

1 hour ago, ethanej said:

I'm talking about the Denuvo Antitamper activation.

You mean of the game being declined to run because of it no longer be on sale?

I highly doubt it. If this was the case then current owners of the original release would be having the issue. We would have heard about it by now if that was the case.

11 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

You mean of the game being declined to run because of it no longer be on sale?

I highly doubt it. If this was the case then current owners of the original release would be having the issue. We would have heard about it by now if that was the case.

Not necessarily the way denuvo works is the game will be activated for x number of days before you have to contact the denuvo servers to reactivate. Which for DQ XI is 21 days or if you update a driver on your computer.

Dragon Quest XI S has a permanent price cut on the Nintendo Switch from $59.99 to $49.99.