AzureZoa

Is competitive DWM2 or DQMJ2 still alive?

I used to play competitive a bit with some other players back when Joker 2 was a thing, and recently found out some geniuses made DWM2 for the GBC have the ability to battle on the Internet. So I'm just curious if these scenes are still around cause I'd like to try them out. I've always loved the Monsters side series.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

DS/Wii Wi-Fi was terminated way back in 2014, and although fan efforts to bring it back have succeeded, at least for Pokemon, I don't believe the same has been done with DQMJ2 (though I might be wrong about that).

No idea about DWM2, but I don't imagine it's very active, since it's 19 years old at this point.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chanticleer Hegemony said:

DS/Wii Wi-Fi was terminated way back in 2014, and although fan efforts to bring it back have succeeded, at least for Pokemon, I don't believe the same has been done with DQMJ2 (though I might be wrong about that).

No idea about DWM2, but I don't imagine it's very active, since it's 19 years old at this point.

Alright thanks. 

19 hours ago, Chanticleer Hegemony said:

If I recall correctly, the work around you can do with your router or w.e does work for joker 2, or at least it used to.

23 minutes ago, Acreon said:

If I recall correctly, the work around you can do with your router or w.e does work for joker 2, or at least it used to.

This is extremely useful if so. I still have my DQMJ2 with Greygnarl, Nokturnus, Rigor Mortex, etc. I would love to use them online again.

I can try to find that info again. Basically if irecall right the nds servers are still up, just you have to access them in a slightly different way.
I know where I first heard of it was uh...I think /retro on 4chan some years ago?

So I found a method to still get into the nin. wfc servers, but at least with this method the championship doesn't work. It tries to download the needed data but eventually errors out.