AzureZoa

Estark Extreme vs Psaro solo

Posted (edited)

I intended this as a sort of showcase on how to deal with Estark Extreme solo, but decided on making it more like a guide. My timings were a bit off in this fight, so this isn't my PB, but it's an okay showcase overall for how to deal with him. You can watch in 4K, and it runs at 60 FPS. Also read description regarding thumbnail and info about this fight.

Edited by AzureZoa
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Brother Jaybird

Hey, I took a look at your comments about Estark Extreme, and your fight with him. The goal to dodge his variations of Kasizzle, for pretty much the entire cast, is to delay it for a moment. Basically dodge just before the flames appear. However, if someone has a dodge ability of something awful like +5, like Bianca or priest for instance, just stand in one of the open spots for the Kasizzle where he clangs his swords. 

Kafrizzle is dodged by jumping his attack. To counter his C-c-cold Breath, you can dodge through it, even at a +5 dodge, or just take cover behind him. When he uses Multislash, dodge between his legs if you’re a melee user, and then attack him while he’s stuck using Multislash. 

His fire slash projectiles (not sure which version these are tbqh) can be dodged through at +5 dodge, or blocked, or perfect parried with Rebuttal. His spin attack should be dodged just before he actually spins. Gigagash is dodged through as soon as he leaps forward.

The sleep explosion he does can be perfect blocked like in the video. The visual cue I use for timing is just as he lifts up a little, then slouches again. Otherwise characters can only block this. You cannot dodge it period. I tested this attack a lot, and it covers the entire stage, and the hitbox lingers for a long time. Just swap over to your healer in between explosions to keep the group healthy. Or if you wanna solo priest it like I did, lay down a Remoreheal before the first explosion, and hold block so you buffer a block at the earliest possible time so you won’t eat 300+ damage. This is also a physical attack, so Kabuff reduces damage by like 40 damage on average for your priest when blocked. 

To counter his tension, you’re going to have to use his own Snooze spell against him a lot because he tends to use a LOT of it to get to +50. Bianca, Lazarel or Teresa as sage with a bow, or even Torneko can put him to sleep with Snooze/Dream Dagger. So you’re going to basically have to force yourself to get used to the sleep explosions sadly. 

There is good news. Estark Extreme is extremely predictable with his Snooze. Get up close to him with Snooze while it’s still priming, and he’ll use his sword clang Kasizzle variant, or the one where he pokes his sword into the ground, 99% of the time. When you know how to deal with these two moves, it’s extremely easy to remove tension from him. 

That’s really about it my dude. Hope this helps you out against him in the future if you decide to fight him again.

Edited by AzureZoa
  • Like 2

Hahaha, thanks, but I probably won't be fighting him again. My main option for DQ Heroes II is a poorly optimized laptop that can only really handle the game at 20fps and still lags at that speed. My ability to play is pretty severely handicapped, so my complaints should probably be taken with a grain or two of salt.

• Like 1

Just now, Brother Jaybird said:

Hahaha, thanks, but I probably won't be fighting him again. My main option for DQ Heroes II is a poorly optimized laptop that can only really handle the game at 20fps and still lags at that speed. My ability to play is pretty severely handicapped, so my complaints should probably be taken with a grain or two of salt.

Sure thing. I understand. Just looking out for another player.

• Like 1

Damn, very impressive!