AlefgardHero

With all the talk of possible DQ9 remake for Switch...

Squenix and Level5 should do an HD upgrade instead of a full rebuild with 3D graphics similar to, say, DQ11. Akin to how Level5 handled the Switch upgrade of Yo-Kai Watch 1. It would keep the charm up. I've been playing a lot of both games recently and you can definitely see/feel Level5's fingerprints all over DQ9, the games are so alike in some aspects. Also some QoL improvements like, adding online capabilities to the multiplayer aspect, a dash function and equipment slots for appearance only, because some of the best a gear is not always aesthetically pleasing.
  • Like 1

equipment slots for appearance only, because some of the best a gear is not always aesthetically pleasing.

Dear God, yes. I ran around in pumpkin heads for 20 or so hours back in the day because they had the best defense forever.

Yo-Kai and Ni no Kuni have both always had a DQ vibe to them thanks to Level-5 doing 8 & 9, yeah.
  • Like 1

Yeah, the third or fourth best pants I have right now are clear...

nothing at all.gif

Nah it should look like XI - it's the natural progression from X which is what IX should have been all along. They should literally just take IX's story and Japanese dialogue, relocalize it (at least for English, God the English script for IX is terrible), and make it play like X.

Nah it should look like XI - it's the natural progression from X which is what IX should have been all along. They should literally just take IX's story and Japanese dialogue, relocalize it (at least for English, God the English script for IX is terrible), and make it play like X.
I'd be fine with them going cheaper and using DQX assets and going only that far graphically. DQXI-level would be great, but with DQ, I'm always willing to settle.

9 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

and make it play like X.

It's gotta stay turn-based.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, AlefgardHero said:

It's gotta stay turn-based.

I concur with this. 

• Like 2

Going a little further, what if it had a master save per Switch like Animal Crossing? Up to 4 players on one Switch, doing the story together. That would be pretty cool.

• Like 1