Didn’t Realize DQ VI Was Valuable

Saw on Reddit that Dragon Quest VI is supposed to be relatively rare and sought after by collectors. Out of curiosity I looked at some current listings.

E7CB5FDF-BF3D-4B78-B59F-33CD00902AA8.thumb.jpeg.1af2d29c748ff3513faebedf58fb3879.jpeg

That’s a lot of bids and it’s not even over. No accounting for taste I guess. 😏

• Like 1

Saw on Reddit that Dragon Quest VI is supposed to be relatively rare and sought after by collectors. Out of curiosity I looked at some current listings.
E7CB5FDF-BF3D-4B78-B59F-33CD00902AA8.thumb.jpeg.1af2d29c748ff3513faebedf58fb3879.jpeg
That’s a lot of bids and it’s not even over. No accounting for taste I guess.
The entire DS Zenithian trilogy is pricey at the moment, not just 6. Though, didn't 6 get the fewest printings?

Yeah, cheaper than though, but still more than I would want to pay. Glad I got all mine years and years ago. I used to buy copies of 5 to give as gifts. Guess those days are over.

Throws me back to the days when I literally went to every store that sold video games back in the early 2010s looking for DQ V, but IX had just come out and made the search harder when you asked for Dragon Quest V and they thought IX was what you were looking for. I think there was only 1 copy within 30 miles according to a GameStop employee during my search. I ended up buckling and just buying it new for a good price on eBay.

They we’re selling new copies on the Square Enix store fairly recently.

• Like 1

I remember I had to buy DQ5 for $60 for the DS. It was pricey, but that was before Square Enix did re-prints for the first two Zenithian games.

Meanwhile I got my copy of DQ6 for the usual DS games price since I had it pre-ordered, and then a year later found a brand new copy of it for $7 at Best Buy. Gave it to a friend for his birthday but he never bothered to get very far in the game. Only RPGs he really got into were Pokémon ones.

That’s a lot of bids and it’s not even over. No accounting for taste I guess.
None.

I rag on 6 a lot, but it's not AWFUL. It's still a Dragon Quest game.

I actually like it more than 2, personally.

• Like 1

I might have posted that exact sentiment on Reddit yesterday.
22 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I rag on 6 a lot, but it's not AWFUL. It's still got Milly.

Fixed.

32 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

#$*!.

I say that a lot during DQVI.

I say that a lot when DQ9 is brought up.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, AustNerevar said:

I actually like it more than 2, personally.

DQVI brought a lot to the series that wasn't there before, was influential on the class system, and had some interesting mechanics to it (SFC version, specifically) but many players get lost on the non-linear aspects of it and end up disliking it. The music composition and character designs are top notch, too, just below IV for both.

We're eventually planning a podcast about it sometime in the future. (Unlike the very vocal Platty) I'm of the opinion that this is an underrated DQ game. It'll be interesting record of me trying to point out the positive aspects of it, and Platty ripping on it through the whole episode. Haha.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Liamland said:

DQVI brought a lot to the series that wasn't there before, was influential on the class system, and had some interesting mechanics to it (SFC version, specifically) but many players get lost on the non-linear aspects of it and end up disliking it. The music composition and character designs are top notch, too, just below IV for both.

We're eventually planning a podcast about it sometime in the future. (Unlike the very vocal Platty) I'm of the opinion that this is an underrated DQ game. It'll be interesting record of me trying to point out the positive aspects of it, and Platty ripping on it through the whole episode. Haha.

Finally someone #$*!ing understands.

• Like 2
That's what I said when I realized they took that class system and turned it into DW7 on PS1.
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
14 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

That's what I said when I realized they took that class system and turned it into DW7 on PS1.

That’s what I said when I realized they took Maribel and turned it into Veronica in DQXI.

• Like 1

At least Veronica is Maribel done right.

[Edit]Okay, in retrospect that can be interpreted as sexual, but it wasn't intended that way. Damn, now I can't think of it any other way. Okay, as a distraction tactic, here's a cosplaying squirrel.[/Edit] 

Edited by Liamland