Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition

Anyone played this, or any similar games? Gamestop has it on sale for $19.99 and for some reason I keep thinking about it. 

I was never really into Digimon, but I'm always down to expand my RPG interests. 

I’ve wanted to pick up the Switch version myself. From my understanding it’s two games in one, and I remember Digimon fondly enough from when I was a kid/early teenager that I’d totally get the game. I’ve heard both games are pretty good that are in the Switch version, and if you enjoy monster raising type games you’ll enjoy the Digimon customization and training.

If you get it and like it let me know. It’s been on my wishlist for awhile now!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve wanted to pick up the Switch version myself. From my understanding it’s two games in one, and I remember Digimon fondly enough from when I was a kid/early teenager that I’d totally get the game. I’ve heard both games are pretty good that are in the Switch version, and if you enjoy monster raising type games you’ll enjoy the Digimon customization and training.

If you get it and like it let me know. It’s been on my wishlist for awhile now!

Oh cool. Do you know the titles of the two games, by chance? So I can do a little research?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh cool. Do you know the titles of the two games, by chance? So I can do a little research?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-complete-edition-switch/

That will get you started. From my understanding the Hacker’s Memory game is essentially a sequel to the original.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
20 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-complete-edition-switch/

That will get you started. From my understanding the Hacker’s Memory game is essentially a sequel to the original.

Awesome. 

I ended up ordering it from Gamestop. I had a few coupons and other deals so I got this and Ni No Kuni Remastered for PS4 all for like $29 bucks. 

Anyway, I'm not sure when I'll start playing it, but as soon as I do, I'll give you some updates. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@YangustheLegendaryBandit

Here is some first impressions:

At the very beginning, there is an option to play the regular way or from an, "Alternate Perspective," since it's my first run, I figured I'd do a regular run and try the other way later. 

Story:

The beginning is WAY obscure but also super enthralling. So it was nice to get pulled in toward the beginning. It was also extra interesting to me because I am not familiar with the world of Digimon at all. So anyway, without posting any spoilers, I'll say the beginning of the story is interesting to say the least. After getting through the beginning chunk, you're basically dumped into a dual-world, the normal world and the digital world. There is also a brief tutorial about how to capture and cultivate Digimon. Tutorial is certainly light, but that isn't too bad because the game is simple enough to figure out as time progresses. 

Gameplay:

Moving around the world is easy and comfortable. I wish there was more camera control but other than that no complaints on world movement. In terms of battles, There is a little bit of a learning curve, but early battles have very limited challenge so they're perfectly easy to learn in. 

I'm still learning about the DigiBank and Digifarm, which are basically ways to train, cultivate, and evolve (Digivolve) your Digimon. In essence, there are several evolution options for each Digimon, and there is some selection to be had which encourages capturing multiple of the lower level Digimon so they can be evolved in different ways. There is also an option to, "Load," Digimon into other Digimon which results in the experience from one Digimon being loaded onto the other, which makes the one Digimon disappear. 

The Digifarm is an option to allow Digimon to train and farm items while they are not actively out and about. 

Graphics:

I'm never too much of a graphics critic, but I'll say that the visuals are nothing but pleasant. 

Other stuff;

This is the first Digimon game I have ever played so I'm not sure how it works the same or differently. 

I'll say that, with the amount of options and customization, each and every player must have a different experience in playing this game, which is a MAJOR factor I consider in the quality of RPGs. 

Anyways, I've only played for a few hours, so my opinions are subject to change, but so far this game is absolutely drawing me in with it's story, playability, and options for customization. I look forward to digging even more deeply into it. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing your impressions.

8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Yup. You mentioned it was on your wishlist so I figured I would throw it out there. 

Also, I was chatting with some other players and one of them noted, "It plays more like Persona than Pokemon," so I'm not sure if that comment is of interest to you. I never played Persona so I can't really evaluate how accurate that assessment is.