Sign in to follow this  
YourEnd7

Don't Give Up

Posted (edited)

First and foremost.. I want to thank all the newer players. You guys are really motivating for me. Seeing this team get bigger and bigger makes me feel better when I log on and see how active the team is becoming. Not going to get into what happened recently, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to motivate some of you to keep pressing on with DQX. This isn't really going to be a guide or a walkthrough.. more of a motivational speech from someone with several years of experience on the game and a lifelong fan of the franchise. I will refrain from spoiling any of the story going forward, hence why I can't really provide any emphasis on certain things later in the thread.

Why am I making this thread? Simple. I want to get through to you newer players that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will be AS POWERFUL as MKVarana's battlemaster AI in the tavern or as durable as my AI priest someday! 😜 I've been there! I remember hating the game at first because I couldn't get through it without AI party members one-shotting every boss in V1 and V2. But believe me.. you will get there someday. Now, I know Ashes already has a more formal pinned thread similar to what  you are about to read. This thread is not intended to be a beginners guide or anything like that. Please keep this in mind going forward.

Don't give up. No matter how intimating the game gets, just don't give up! When I first started playing, I didn't realize how vast this game is and WAS even back in 2014. Whether it be making your way from offline mode (if you chose to do it) to the end of version 5.2, taking on clearing those TEDIOUS 5 episode job quests, fishing (yikes) upgrading your inventory bag quests (double yikes) world tuning quests (barf) Monster battle road or even *gulp* Mysterious Tower *GAGS*................. that's not even half of the stuff you can do..... just don't let it overwhelm you! Don't look at that stuff as chores. It's just stuff you need to do to build your character. I know what you might be thinking: "Remina. The main story just gives you exp and doesn't give you gear or much gold!" Doing the main story from A-Z is probably the most IMPORTANT thing you can do to get the max potential out of your character! One of the biggest advantages in DQX is unlocking every map in the game. That opens up all the side content. Don't ever forget that! That's all I will say on that matter.

Here is another important thing. The language barrier. This is not a game breaker. Just use google translate on your smartphone. When you see an unfamiliar menu or can't quite figure out a quest.. just scan the screen on real time translate mode. It's that easy. It's not as good with reading dialogue, but static messages and generic text is easy to translate. I wouldn't recommend trying to talk with japanese players through this, though. OK, I know I said this was not supposed to be a guide, but the google translate part is essential to being able to really have fun playing. It kept me from quitting for good at one point.

Don't let the 19 jobs you have to level up to 114 scare you off either, not to mention the 19 jobs that also require training mode stamps! Level grinding is not something you should worry about until around version 3ish. I'm sure most of you know about Metal Labyrinth or Metal King coins by now. But.... there is another way. Unfortunately... I don't feel comfortable going into detail as it will spoil the main story. Just know, that there is a normal monster you can grind that gives around 70k exp (with genki and food) and it is very easy to kill. It is a definite way to reach 114 in every job without losing your sanity. This is one thing that always worried me starting out. I was worried I would never be able to just fight one mob over and over to max out every job. Fear not, though. It is possible.. but very late in the game!

GOLD. GOLD. GOLD!! This is a universal struggle in just about every MMO. There is a way to become rich, several actually. I'm not going to go into detail about that either, as they are spoilers to the story. Again, this isn't a guide. Just me assuring you that it isn't hopeless. Anyway, there are several free ways to get rich. Some are incredibly easy.. actually I'll just say this one. Farm glitter spots on the V5 maps if you can go there. Some of the drops are very valuable.  I won't reveal the harder alternative, but it is on version 5 after clearing most of the main 5.0 story. There is also a way to just buy yourself to getting rich through the app lotto on the DQX companion app for smartphone. Don't think I will elaborate much on that either, so you don't waste your money. It's very expensive!

In conclusion... I wanted to make this thread so badly for a long time. I'm sorry for not elaborating on a lot of stuff I mentioned. I don't want to ruin the experience for you and tell you about all the great shortcuts or spoil the story. I used to think that this game was too overwhelming and that I would never learn how to make gold or level up fast enough. But please trust me! You will someday if you stick with it. There are lot of great guides out there and from pinned topics in the den forum. Do yourselves a favor and look them up!

Finally... I want to make one final thing clear. I am not 100% maxed out myself. I may be a veteran and appear pretty strong from my AI.. but I still have stuff I need to perfect too. Is that a good thing? I think so. The game never gets old for me. One last little word of advice: the most valuable thing we have on this game is each other, on the Den team. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help in team chat. That is the most valuable word of advice I can offer you. Dragon Den team forever! :) 

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this whole thing or even part of it. Fear not, if you ever want me to elaborate on the stuff I concealed above, I will be happy to answer any questions about them through a PM or privately in game. I just don't want to ruin the game for you if you are not very far. Just want you to have hope! 

-レミーナ (Remina)

PS - I must repeat for the 1000th time that this wasn't a guide. I only listed certain key things that will help most players/motivate them to keep playing. Just wanted to spread something positive! Oh.. Happy 4th of July! :D 

Edited by YourEnd7
  • Like 2

Biggest bore for me is definitely the Mysterious Tower.... so glad I got everything I needed from it.

I'll have that My Town one day...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RyanBGP said:

Biggest bore for me is definitely the Mysterious Tower.... so glad I got everything I needed from it.

I'll have that My Town one day...

Yeah, Tower was a bore for me too! Glad I got everything from it too lol

Hope you get a town someday!

Just waiting for the English version.  Tried that free weekly browser version a while back and it was okay just didn't understand anything that was going on or how to do text quests.