Jump to content
Slimeknight

Square Enix to announce multiple games soon.

Recommended Posts

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

this morning!

Wait you live on the west coast of the U.S too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, DQ2 doesn't suck though it probably is my least favorite.

I would never wish that we no longer receive any future ports or remakes of it though, nor demand that its core elements be changed because I dislike the current gameplay of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustNerevar said:

nor demand that its core elements be changed because I dislike the current gameplay of it.

Yeah I get what ur saying. That would be like removing buffs from Nocturne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait you live on the west coast of the U.S too?
More central. Pickham to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Wait you live on the west coast of the U.S too?

East Coast, Beast Coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

 

And that’s usually how responses are handled. We’re seeing all kinds of things on the Den this morning!

Hahahaha. 

 

Yup! Gotta love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

why do you wish that the fans of the multiplayer components should be robbed of that experience?

Because a good solo RPG is better than any MMORPG imo. 🤔

The multi-player aspect of IX is the very reason why we don't have a single goof character in the party. X has the luxury of having good and interesting NPCs that can join the party, at times. I'd favor that over any MMO aspect, which also requires players to have a subscription to Nintendo Net or PS+ or something like that I guess. 

Tho I agree, the best possible thing would be for people to be able to chose what and how they want to play X. I despise MMOs, all of them, cause they often have a pretty interesting story, cool NPCs, but need to have a balanced team of actual people to make it through the game, and I don't like to rely on others to advance in a game. 

I know this is very personal and selfish, but heh, what can I say. I don't like MMOs, and should X be localized outside of Japan, yes, I do hope it'd have at the very least a fully offline feature. I don't want to see other people playing in my game is all. 😅

That, and I believe using a system akin to FFXII for story NPCs and/or bland team members a la DQIX (gambits etc) would be absolutely awesome. Why would I need people to play with me and taking out bosses or raids when I can do that on my own with AI controled characters ? 😌

10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

The game is already solo-able

If a game is solo-able, then it should be a solo game imo. 

It defeats the purpose of multi-player if the game permits people to play solo-player style. 

10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

 

 

Edited by Xiggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

#$*! you DQ2 is gud.

 

I need to get around to writing my DQIX manifesto.

DQX is literally DQIX but better in every aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

DQX is literally DQIX but better in every aspect.

To start with, it’s a number higher. Second of all, they got rid of that pesky I Roman Numeral. Much more streamlined. And that’s just the title.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game shouldn't be soloable if it's multiplayer? So you shouldn't be able to play at all when all your friends are offline?

 

The game is soloable *because* you can rent offline players as NPC party members. If the game was offline-only that wouldn't be a possibility.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

To start with, it’s a number higher. Second of all, they got rid of that pesky I Roman Numeral. Much more streamlined. And that’s just the title.

Lol

I'm serious though. All the clunky multiplayer mechanics that felt forced in IX have been improved and actually work very well in an MMO environment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, I can’t really think of anyone here who has said “it’s an MMO I don’t want it here.”
You just needed to wait a day xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

DQX is literally DQIX but better in every aspect.

c93f96dee414655a38cf5ab14b2a49b9.jpg.d79201c0de22a046260d33b4eb9c4c56.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
c93f96dee414655a38cf5ab14b2a49b9.jpg.d79201c0de22a046260d33b4eb9c4c56.jpg
I mean, he isn't wrong. Though I would clarify that it improves on almost everything IX did and isn't necessarily just *better*.

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would get so upset and so much dislike a game that they haven't played.

It's perfectly okay to say it's not your cup of tea. It's not okay to say it objectively sucks unless you've played it. I got not beef with people who don't want to play it, but hoping that it won't come out in English so that others can't play it is...bizarre man.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
On 6/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Yeah, I can’t really think of anyone here who has said “it’s an MMO I don’t want it here.”

You just needed to wait a day xD

I suppose so.

spacer.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would get so upset and so much dislike a game that they haven't played.
It's perfectly okay to say it's not your cup of tea. It's not okay to say it objectively sucks unless you've played it. I got not beef with people who don't want to play it, but hoping that it won't come out in English so that others can't play it is...bizarre man.

Ok I'm sorry Aust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, AustNerevar said:

I mean, he isn't wrong. Though I would clarify that it improves on almost everything IX did and isn't necessarily just *better*.

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would get so upset and so much dislike a game that they haven't played.

It's perfectly okay to say it's not your cup of tea. It's not okay to say it objectively sucks unless you've played it. I got not beef with people who don't want to play it, but hoping that it won't come out in English so that others can't play it is...bizarre man.

I think that is just how some people make arguments these days. Not just with gaming, but with anything. Instead of encouraging outside views and changes of perspective, there is a lot more heel-digging, relentless defending, and generalization. 

 

But oh well. All we are is dust in the wind, anyhow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...