Slimeknight

Square Enix to announce multiple games soon.

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

this morning!

Wait you live on the west coast of the U.S too?

In all seriousness, DQ2 doesn't suck though it probably is my least favorite.

I would never wish that we no longer receive any future ports or remakes of it though, nor demand that its core elements be changed because I dislike the current gameplay of it.

• Like 1

Just now, AustNerevar said:

nor demand that its core elements be changed because I dislike the current gameplay of it.

Yeah I get what ur saying. That would be like removing buffs from Nocturne.

More central. Pickham to be exact.

2 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

East Coast, Beast Coast.

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And that’s usually how responses are handled. We’re seeing all kinds of things on the Den this morning!

Hahahaha. 

Yup! Gotta love it!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

why do you wish that the fans of the multiplayer components should be robbed of that experience?

Because a good solo RPG is better than any MMORPG imo. 🤔

The multi-player aspect of IX is the very reason why we don't have a single goof character in the party. X has the luxury of having good and interesting NPCs that can join the party, at times. I'd favor that over any MMO aspect, which also requires players to have a subscription to Nintendo Net or PS+ or something like that I guess. 

Tho I agree, the best possible thing would be for people to be able to chose what and how they want to play X. I despise MMOs, all of them, cause they often have a pretty interesting story, cool NPCs, but need to have a balanced team of actual people to make it through the game, and I don't like to rely on others to advance in a game. 

I know this is very personal and selfish, but heh, what can I say. I don't like MMOs, and should X be localized outside of Japan, yes, I do hope it'd have at the very least a fully offline feature. I don't want to see other people playing in my game is all. 😅

That, and I believe using a system akin to FFXII for story NPCs and/or bland team members a la DQIX (gambits etc) would be absolutely awesome. Why would I need people to play with me and taking out bosses or raids when I can do that on my own with AI controled characters ? 😌

The game is already solo-able

If a game is solo-able, then it should be a solo game imo. 

It defeats the purpose of multi-player if the game permits people to play solo-player style. 

Edited by Xiggy

10 hours ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

#$*! you DQ2 is gud.

I need to get around to writing my DQIX manifesto.

DQX is literally DQIX but better in every aspect.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

To start with, it’s a number higher. Second of all, they got rid of that pesky I Roman Numeral. Much more streamlined. And that’s just the title.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The game shouldn't be soloable if it's multiplayer? So you shouldn't be able to play at all when all your friends are offline?

The game is soloable *because* you can rent offline players as NPC party members. If the game was offline-only that wouldn't be a possibility.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

To start with, it’s a number higher. Second of all, they got rid of that pesky I Roman Numeral. Much more streamlined. And that’s just the title.

Lol

I'm serious though. All the clunky multiplayer mechanics that felt forced in IX have been improved and actually work very well in an MMO environment. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I can’t really think of anyone here who has said “it’s an MMO I don’t want it here.”
You just needed to wait a day xD

46 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

c93f96dee414655a38cf5ab14b2a49b9.jpg.d79201c0de22a046260d33b4eb9c4c56.jpg

c93f96dee414655a38cf5ab14b2a49b9.jpg.d79201c0de22a046260d33b4eb9c4c56.jpg
I mean, he isn't wrong. Though I would clarify that it improves on almost everything IX did and isn't necessarily just *better*.

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would get so upset and so much dislike a game that they haven't played.

It's perfectly okay to say it's not your cup of tea. It's not okay to say it objectively sucks unless you've played it. I got not beef with people who don't want to play it, but hoping that it won't come out in English so that others can't play it is...bizarre man.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
On 6/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Yeah, I can’t really think of anyone here who has said “it’s an MMO I don’t want it here.”

You just needed to wait a day xD

I suppose so.

spacer.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would get so upset and so much dislike a game that they haven't played.
It's perfectly okay to say it's not your cup of tea. It's not okay to say it objectively sucks unless you've played it. I got not beef with people who don't want to play it, but hoping that it won't come out in English so that others can't play it is...bizarre man.

Ok I'm sorry Aust

On 6/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, AustNerevar said:

I mean, he isn't wrong. Though I would clarify that it improves on almost everything IX did and isn't necessarily just *better*.

I think that is just how some people make arguments these days. Not just with gaming, but with anything. Instead of encouraging outside views and changes of perspective, there is a lot more heel-digging, relentless defending, and generalization. 

But oh well. All we are is dust in the wind, anyhow. 

• Like 2