knighTeen87

DQX Demo on PS4 . Did anyone tried it?

Yesterday I created a Japanese PSN account (even though I live in Europe). And I saw that there is a playable demo of DQX on Japanese PSN. And as you guess, I started to downloading it.

Did anyone tried it? Does it have the offline like in the Wii version or only online mode? Do we allowed to play it outside of Japan?

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0082-CUSA03590_00-DQXTRIAL00000000

It isn't a demo, it's the trial that's available on every system. It let's you play up through version 2.3 for free with limited chat functions and restriction from the bazaar.

The extended offling campaign from the Wii was discontinued long ago. The initial offline prologue is present in every version however.

• Like 1

No, there's no long offline campaign anymore. That died with Wii.

I've played through V1.0 for free on the Switch. It has content up to 2.2 completely for free, with some jobs & things not available, but it's barely noticeable.

Not sure about that VPN in Europe, it's lifted here in the US.

Ah, in the time it took me to respond, I got sniped. Haha, it's by someone more knowledgeable than me, so that's good!

16 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

It isn't a demo, it's the trial that's available on every system. It let's you play up through version 2.3 for free with limited chat functions and restriction from the bazaar.

The extended offling campaign from the Wii was discontinued long ago. The initial offline prologue is present in every version however.

Thanx! So can I still play it outside of Japan? Because I heard that it bans IP addresses outside of Japan. Is that true?

Thanx! So can I still play it outside of Japan? Because I heard that it bans IP addresses outside of Japan. Is that true?

Unless you live in Japan, China, or the US you will need a VPN. Last I heard, Europe still has an IP block over it.

Always worth trying out though. Who knows, they might decide to lift the ban in Europe one day and they don't exactly announce this stuff.

• Like 1