DragonQuest2IsGood

What would you say is the biggest "railroad" in the series?

Here's the definition for railroading in case you don't know what it means: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Railroading

I say the biggest railroad in DQ is being forced to forgive Kandar in DQIII after defeating him the 2nd time. Another candidate for biggest railroad is Gwaelin telling you that thou must. What would you say it is?

The one in DQX. It goes to all continents.

*most

On 6/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Here's the definition for railroading in case you don't know what it means: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Railroading

I say the biggest railroad in DQ is being forced to forgive Kandar in DQIII after defeating him the 2nd time. Another candidate for biggest railroad is Gwaelin telling you that thou must. What would you say it is?

Honestly this happens so often in the games, I find it difficult to narrow down. 

• Like 1

I'm annoyed DQVII assumes I'd be friends with Maribel.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm annoyed DQVII assumes I'd be friends with Maribel.

Never played VII is she really that #$*!y as everyone says she is?

Eh, yes... and possibly no. She's the worst in the series, but there are worse in other serieses. They pulled punches with Veronica in DQ11, but Maribel was pretty extreme. Some will tell you she has a heart of gold, but I found it to be more likely pyrite. It was better -ish on the 3DS.

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The one in DQX. It goes to all continents.

*most

My favorite railroad is in Zelda: Spirit Tracks. People complain about that game, but I thought it was great. I mean, you get your own train to travel the land with. That’s all you need!

50 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Yes.

All you need to do is type Maribel in a topic and eal comes running.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

All you need to do is type Maribel in a topic and eal comes running.

I'll bet he has a secret shrine devoted to her.  The walls covered in magazine clippings with her eyes cut out, and a wig of curly red adorning a giant paper mache statue he crafted himself.  Her face angled downward with a malicious grin as her hands hold tightly to a whip.  His special S+M costume hangs on the left wall, covering what was once the cornerstone of his former Emma Stone shrine, formerly housing a hand-made Emma Stone Plushie, having long since changed it after she went blonde and began dating Andrew Garfield.

Edited by ignasia

5 hours ago, ignasia said:

having long since changed it after she went blonde and began dating Andrew Garfield.

Are they even still together? I haven’t heard about them as an item in like 7 years.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ignasia said:

I'll bet he has a secret shrine devoted to her.  The walls covered in magazine clippings with her eyes cut out, and a wig of curly red adorning a giant paper mache statue he crafted himself.  Her face angled downward with a malicious grin as her hands hold tightly to a whip.  His special S+M costume hangs on the left wall, covering what was once the cornerstone of his former Emma Stone shrine, formerly housing a hand-made Emma Stone Plushie, having long since changed it after she went blonde and began dating Andrew Garfield.

That’s what I figure. He’s like Helga from Hey Arnold, having a secret shrine dedicated to the one they love tucked behind all their clothes and junk in their closet.

Probably has a locket with Maribel’s picture in it too that he carries around and looks at when alone while reciting poetry about love.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maribel is 10/10, five stars, top notch, the cat's meow of DQ waifus.
Possible the best character ever conceived in by Hori

Edited by Billy MK

3 hours ago, eal said:

Are they even still together? I haven’t heard about them as an item in like 7 years.

Good question.  They're pretty private, which is very hard to do in Hollywood.  I know she's done a lot on her own, seemingly independent, which is what triggered the rumour they had broken up, but who knows.  It doesn't seem like they've really been seen together.  So if they are, the it's just kept under the radar, maybe so they can explore their private lives in peace.  I will say she looks more amazing than ever.  She's definitely one of those timeless women.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That’s what I figure. He’s like Helga from Hey Arnold, having a secret shrine dedicated to the one they love tucked behind all their clothes and junk in their closet.

Probably has a locket with Maribel’s picture in it too that he carries around and looks at when alone while reciting poetry about love.

Alongside a clipping of red hair he changes out every new redhead he meets, until he finds THE ONE that looks just like her.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ignasia said:

Alongside a clipping of red hair he changes out every new redhead he meets, until he finds THE ONE that looks just like her.

I just imagine him popping up behind redheads and doing that weird breathing that Brainy did on Hey Arnold whenever he showed up around Helga, somehow always popping up from just the right trash cans or car seats or what have you.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

I’m more of a glasses guy and red hair doesn’t go well with glasses.

Besides, we know that Maribel dyes her hair because old hag witches usually have gray hair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I just imagine him popping up behind redheads and doing that weird breathing that Brainy did on Hey Arnold whenever he showed up around Helga, somehow always popping up from just the right trash cans or car seats or what have you.

I think Dwaine has a picture.  One of his reconnaissance missions to check on board members. 

36 minutes ago, eal said:

Besides, we know that Maribel dyes her hair because old hag witches usually have gray hair.

*mouth agape*  Not my Maribel!

1 hour ago, eal said:

26 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I think Dwaine has a picture.  One of his reconnaissance missions to check on board members. 

*mouth agape*  Not my Maribel!

Eal likes his bunny girls old.spacer.png

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Eal likes his bunny girls old.spacer.png

When it comes to bunny girls I’m more of a Panne guy:

8D74601D-0F5B-4488-84A9-B4E89EFEEC2A.png.ff346e15a34d6fd1976e543a69d0b2d2.png

23 hours ago, eal said:

When it comes to bunny girls I’m more of a Panne guy:

8D74601D-0F5B-4488-84A9-B4E89EFEEC2A.png.ff346e15a34d6fd1976e543a69d0b2d2.png

Is this character a reference to the story of the Velveteen Rabbit? Apparently her Japanese name is Velvet.

42 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Is this character a reference to the story of the Velveteen Rabbit? Apparently her Japanese name is Velvet.

She’s the last survivor of her race. They’re beast-men that can change into rabbit-like creatures during combat. Never read the Velveteen Rabbit but nothing I saw in her Support conversations indicated many similarities to the Wikipedia entry I read on the book.