Launch of an investigation for a potential organization of a Dragon Quest International Fan Fest which would be launched if soon in 2021 on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the saga. Your opinion matters a lot.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12cVIwARKE4JRGd7RFw4ouPEJirqpvuM9JmJET4iA628/

Investigate international in order to be able to have a general opinion of all the West.

We will come back to a report in a few days.

• Like 3

Sounds interesting :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

The form is no longer accepting responses.

This would be interesting, but ultimately difficult to pull off, with such a niche audience scattered (outside of Japan). For instance if the location were in France, it's much harder for me (who has two kids) to travel to France to attend (in a theoretical future where COVID wasn't a problem anymore). I'd imagine that same situation would happen for a lot of fans wherever it's held.

To combat that, there would have to be some real events or booths happening to create FOMO or Fear of Missing Out. Like get SE to sponsor a booth/panel. Get the company behind Dragon Quest VR to host a demo booth. Get Luida's Bar, Artnia or some local vendor to sponsor DQ-related food for sale, in addition to your basic convention food. Have PlayAsia or Kinokunia sponsor a full-on Dragon Quest merch-only booth. Have a cosplay company with a booth for selling DQ costumes. Professional cosplayers should be scattered throughout the convention (one for each MC and support characters from every game and spin-off (except Rocket Slime, which would be too hard to pull off right.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your great proposal, it is true that I had not thought of a potential stand held by Play Asia among others. Likewise, seeing Bandai Japan for the Dragon Quest VR can be interesting (I have the contact of Bandai Namco France to see if I can have the contact of Japan). For the Ludia's Bar we had indeed planned, even if it is not the official bar, to offer an inn to quench your thirst in the colors of the saga.
I will see to recover a maximum of your ideas which interests me greatly, thank you again. If you have other ideas feel free to share them here. The poll has been closed since the end of June, but ideas can still be continued here.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

In view of the rather worrying health situation until summer 2021, would you be in favor of a postponement to fall 2021 or keep in May but online ?

I guess I'd say online. As someone who doesn't really travel anyway and with a family and kids, I can 100% say I won't be attending anything anywhere, health crisis or not.

What is the difference between an online DQ event and just being active here? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi sorry to respond so late, the difference between online and local is already the fact that all fans from around the world are in one place to share their favorite license or online it's much more visual with the commentator behind a screen, so the effect is quite different. Then there are also the different activities which also differ, since in Online it will be almost only conference for X hours and some online tournaments while on the local one can discover games that we do not necessarily have at either or other. After that, it is true that as far as possible, even if we are proposing either locally, we will try to bring the event to life online.

I didn't mean online vs local, I meant an online event vs just chatting on the den like we normally would.