AustNerevar

DQ9 Kiosk Demo Cartridge

I recently acquired this cart thinking it was a playable demo of DQ9. Unfortunately it seems to just play a video on loop. Has anyone else ever gotten a hold of one of these?

20200620_160350.jpg

20200620_160355.jpg

Posted (edited)

I (sort of) captured the video and uploaded it here. @Woodus if you'd like to have the .mp4 (or even the rom file) let me know.

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Like 1

I like in the video it says you can explore undiscovered lands while showing 2 towns. Ummm... if they're undiscovered, how come there are towns there?

9 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I like in the video it says you can explore undiscovered lands while showing 2 towns. Ummm... if they're undiscovered, how come there are towns there?

Don't question Square Enix marketing. They know what they're doing.

Don't question Square Enix marketing. They know what they're doing.
giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7a5f3cad9891f2260ee1624f351294a584e8ce2ec&rid=giphy.gif
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

We celebrate a holiday every October 12th in honor of a man who did that.

• Like 1

We celebrate a holiday every October 12th in honor of a man who did that.
Not here in Florida we don't. I find it odd it's celebrated elsewhere. Heck, we even had school back ages ago. I remember it was the one time each year my dad was off work at the bank, but I had school.

19 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I (sort of) captured the video and uploaded it here. @Woodus if you'd like to have the .mp4 (or even the rom file) let me know.

Sure I would take an MP4 of that :thumbsup:

Posted (edited)

Here you go. Hope MediaFire is okay.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nuc5lez50eheoj8/DQ9_VIDEO_Y8GE01_00.trim.mp4/file

Edited by AustNerevar

On 6/22/2020 at 10:37 PM, AustNerevar said:

Cool, thank you. :thumbsup:

On 6/22/2020 at 12:12 AM, Plattym3 said:

They mean islands and high plateaus, which are only accessible in the postgame, with the Starflight Express. That's just too much of a mouthful from a marketing perspective. :thumbsup:

They mean islands and high plateaus, which are only accessible in the postgame, with the Starflight Express. That's just too much of a mouthful from a marketing perspective. 
No, they clearly mean the towns. Why put the words right over an image of a town of you don't mean it. I mean, it's like a photo caption. You don't write things under the photo about other random stuff.

On a unrelated note, I'm surprised how much my DQX character is a dead ringer right now for hero Alex in this video.

On a unrelated note, I'm surprised how much my DQX character is a dead ringer right now for hero Alex in this video.
Are you out of Dead Zone land yet?

Are you out of Dead Zone land yet?
Not till Monday. Still at the family vacation house. More family has arrived. More is coming. I can't wait to leave. Heck, even my son slept UNDER the bed in the kids' room last night. I asked him why. He said he needed alone time. I told him, "me too."

Not till Monday. Still at the family vacation house. More family has arrived. More is coming. I can't wait to leave. Heck, even my son slept UNDER the bed in the kids' room last night. I asked him why. He said he needed alone time. I told him, "me too."
When we go on vacation, it's usually with my wife's entire family. Which means that there are plenty of people that aren't me to watch my son. So I'm going to enjoy myself when we go this weekend.
  • Like 1

When we go on vacation, it's usually with my wife's entire family. Which means that there are plenty of people that aren't me to watch my son. So I'm going to enjoy myself when we go this weekend.
My sister comes with her 2 kids. They're older and crazy. She typically turns them loose & goes elsewhere. So, I have it just the opposite. More kids for me to watch. Yesterday I had to pay more attention to my 9 year old nephew on a hike than my 4 year old because he just wouldn't walk at a pace that resembled anything human.