Crap. I can't remember. I feel like I just got it as part of the story through. I beat Joker 3 a couple years back and distinctly remember using that disc a ton and the layout & such, ugh but no idea how I got it. Do you have the ability to ride on monsters yet? Fly on them?

Damn, I got the metal disc way before that. I remember at first I could only get metal slimes and metal slime stacks.

Then when I got the monsters that could jump, I was able to get metal angel slimes.

Once I could fly over the wall, I could get to places with liquid metal slimes.

So yeah, it was way back. Unfortunately it's been so long ago, I don't recall.

I’ve only played the pro version in Japanese and I’m not sure what the places are called in the English translation, but the metal disc should be found in the ice/snow area. In the first town you go to, there’s a cave you enter with some coffins, and it was either in one of those or somewhere else in that cave. It might be worth looking around there for it. 

• Like 1

That’s where it was thank you so much!

Do you have any monster recommendations? Right now I’m using black dragon, platinum king jewel, uberkilling machine, and 2 free spaces

On 6/19/2020 at 7:01 AM, acbarry97 said:

That’s where it was thank you so much!

Do you have any monster recommendations? Right now I’m using black dragon, platinum king jewel, uberkilling machine, and 2 free spaces

Killing Machines.  Not uber killing machines or anything like that, just killing machines.  They are one of the strongest attackers in the game, and you can get them VERY early.  In the tower you use as your base of operations, go to the top floors and get some of the hunter killers.  Merge two of them, you get a killing machine lite.  Merge two killing machine lites, you get a killing machine. They're generally what I use for the bulk of my monsters post game, or slime knights.

Killing machines have Act x2, which means they can do one skill you command them to, and one command from the AI.  They also have Woosh Meister at higher tiers, so you gain more damage with Woosh attacks. Their default skill set is a bunch of elemental slashes (Including woosh), multislash, and multifist, so is a very very strong attack skill set. Their resists are fairly decent too at base levels.

Act x2 lowers stats somewhat, but it basically doubles your damage, so in general, it's worth it.  Or if you have them, you can use a healing move, THEN attack.  Act 1~2, 2~3, or 1~3 is too random for my tastes for the stat cost.

Besides that, you may want a metal king w/Material+ skill. This is one of the skillsets with Scapegoat, which lets you take all incoming damage for the team.  While the MSK has almost no HP, they have great DEF stat, and resist almost all elements.  Later you can get darkonium slime, who can ABSORB elemental attacks with ease.  Get that + perfect crit guard, and you have someone who can tank almost anything; as long as the boss doesnt use a skill to counter scapegoat, such as disruptive wave in the middle of attacks.  Even the bosses who do, however, this setup greatly reduces damage.