GooseBolt

Concern with Emulators and Roms

Hiya! 

So I have just recently built a lovely new gaming PC and since it's much more pricey I was wondering how safe is citra the emulator? 

I only want Citra to play the translated Terry's Wonderland 3D as my old PC couldn't run Citra. The only problem is when I went to download the file for the game the website also gave me a strangely named .exe file on my old PC. I know I'm being a bit paranoid but as this computer is not even day old I'm wary trying this again.

Can anyone prove some of my concerns wrong? I really just want to play Terry's wonderland. 

Thank you for your time! 

You should tar & feather whoever gave you the link to that ROM! What a jerk!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You should tar & feather whoever gave you the link to that ROM! What a jerk!

Platty you've done a lot to help me, and at this point I have a few options: I could buy the japanese cart and 3ds so I can actually use Citra's support to figure why the file won't play, a fellow lf mine helped dig up an old tutorial on to patch the game myself but one of the tools' page no longer exists and it's a bit risky to go try and find something because I wouldn't know it when I see it, finally give up on this venture and be content playing the games we do have and maybe try emulating Joker 2. 

No Idea what that means. That could be my problem?

I followed a guide when I installed it and got it working. YouTube videos can help too. Sorry I can't help more, I've been on vacation the past 3 days away from my PC.

All links in that reddit post are give you 404 page not found or Private video. Although this does give me the Idea to decrypt and patch a file myself. Although one of the tools to do that on this tutorial I found is gone. https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d.431204/. I did find a replacement though after digging in the comment section. Trying to do it myself now. 

Update: Everything was going well until the final few steps where the hackingtool decided to stop working as some how .dll files got lost. I am now very burnt out.