Episode #020 - The Lucha Dork & DQ Merchandise

Posted (edited)

We had Denizen @enix on last night to talk about all his DQ Merchandise!  As you can see, we talked for a long time...  

He's on Twitter as The_Lucha_Dork

Edited by Plattym3
  • Like 1

Oh, damn! It’s been awhile since we saw enix around here. I’ll give this a listen on my ride to work tomorrow.

• Like 1

Wow! You were able to interview a company that no longer exists? Finally got that time machine working eh?

Wow! You were able to interview a company that no longer exists? Finally got that time machine working eh?
Next up: SquareOcean. Just need to set the dial to 2009...
15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Next up: SquareOcean. Just need to set the dial to 2009...

Oh, god, would you please?

• Like 1

Listening to this makes me want to finally buy some merch.

• Like 1

About 40 minutes in. Sorta reminds me of the Old Toys Club episode of ANNcast, where the host gathered a couple of vintage toy collectors with huge collections together to talk about the process of letting go and selling off large chunks of their collections.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the MP3 uploaded of this episode, waiting on Liam for some images for the MP4 version, but he has been a bit tied up the last few weeks :)

• Like 1
I have the MP3 uploaded of this episode, waiting on Liam for some images for the MP4 version, but he has been a bit tied up the last few weeks
Geez what an unprofessional podcaster, taking time off for some silly "baby vacation".
6 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Geez what an unprofessional podcaster, taking time off for some silly "baby vacation".

I told my work I want retro paternity time since they just implemented it, they didn't think that was funny ;)

I told my work I want retro paternity time since they just implemented it, they didn't think that was funny

I took 3 days off for kid #1 and later my boss yelled at me I didn't take more. I mean, I'd worked there all of 2 weeks (Plattym4 was born the 9th day of the school year) and we only get 10 days so Idk what she expected.

I took a week off for Plattym5, that was fine.

A (former) coworker adopted a kid on Christmas last school year and took all of January off and into February. He refused to answer emails, calls, or texts from anyone at the school. Needless to say, he's not coming back. The fact he was a jerk to coworkers didn't help. Nor that he had some complaints about remote teaching during the spring. But I was amazed by how long he was gone in Jan/Feb. I mean, I liked being home with my new kid(s), but there was only so much to do with an infant.

It's Covid times. It's a "baby staycation." But since he's been working from home, is it just a really long "bring your kids to work... month"?

It's Covid times. It's a "baby staycation." But since he's been working from home, is it just a really long "bring your kids to work... month"?
Monday both my wife and I worked from home while my son was with us. It was super difficult to get anything done. He chose the worst times (ie conference calls) to be clingy towards one parent.

It's hard to get mad at a child when his only problem is that he wants to play with you.
13 hours ago, Woodus said:

I have the MP3 uploaded of this episode, waiting on Liam for some images for the MP4 version, but he has been a bit tied up the last few weeks :)

Hey Woodus, all the photos are uploaded, I just haven't had time yet to relisten to the podcast to line anything up. I actually just finished the @AustNerevar episode just now. Thanks so much Aust for sitting in! Sorry I missed you. Will have to have you back again sometime.

Yeah it was fun. I'll always be glad to do another one.

Talking Dragon Quest at length isn't something I get to do much, other through text. And I'll always jump at the chance to proselytize for X.

• Like 1