Dragon Quest : Dai No Daibouken / The Adventure of Dai Manga

https://dragonquestmanga.com/

Oh my, not since @eal twisted my arm & held Marm's magic gun to my head with Prison School have I read so much manga at once.  Read through the first 47 chapters, nearly 1000 pages last night and this morning.  I guess it's pretty good stuff. Obviously quite a bit corny, apparently no one ever really dies, and it takes forever for stuff to happen, but I'm enjoying it.  100% sure I won't keep up this kinda of pace, but figured a deep dive to get me interested might be the best way.

Anyone else ever read deep into Dai?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

https://dragonquestmanga.com/

Oh my, not since @eal twisted my arm & held Marm's magic gun to my head with Prison School have I read so much manga at once.  Read through the first 47 chapters, nearly 1000 pages last night and this morning.  I guess it's pretty good stuff. Obviously quite a bit corny, apparently no one ever really dies, and it takes forever for stuff to happen, but I'm enjoying it.  100% sure I won't keep up this kinda of pace, but figured a deep dive to get me interested might be the best way.

Anyone else ever read deep into Dai?

I used to read back in the days of the Nintendo DS. I read in a software I had in my flashcard. I read the whole thing and watched the anime as well (in the brazillian dub).
In fact I used to watch it when I was very small and had no ideia what video games even were.

It's corny, it's got all the 90's shonen cliches. It's great.

Prison School is very funny, but veeeeerrry different.

I downloaded the old anime subbed a couple of months ago to watch it again before the new one comes out.

Edited by Billy MK
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I binge read the hell out of Dai's Adventure... 11 or so years ago. I happened to time it nearly perfectly coinciding with the fan translation finishing. I remember waiting for the last handful of chapters with baited breath, every day I had to wait was torturous (thankfully they were getting translated pretty quickly!). I used to really enjoy shonen stories. Sue me. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by GrandAlchemist
  • Like 1
I used to read back in the days of the Nintendo DS. I read in a software I had in my flashcard. I read the whole thing and watched the anime as well (in the brazillian dub).
In fact I used to watch it when I was very small and had no ideia what video games even were.

It's corny, it's got all the 90's shonen cliches. It's great.

Prison School is very funny, but veeeeerrry different.

I downloaded the old anime subbed a couple of months ago to watch it again before the new one comes out.
Man, I had a flashcard that turned my DS into my media hub too. I think I read something like 24 Asimov books on it before I'd even heard of e-readers or Kindle or whatever. I had this G6 device that for years was my workhorse everything!

It's getting close to 10 years now since I've read through it.  I have to say it is one of my favorite shounen manga.  It doesn't do anything groundbreaking but it still tells a good story and the DQ flavor just makes it all the more better to me.  Can't wait to watch an actual english version of the anime.  I do wonder if they'll try and use the same music score as the original or if they will update it with newer DQ songs.