DranzerX13

Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai (2020 Remake) Development Footage

Posted (edited)

As I posted on nyaa:

There was a Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai 2020 anime/game livestream that showcased information on the new anime remake and the 3 games coming out. I have taken the 2 anime development trailers they have showcased from the nearly 3 hour livestream, and included just the Dai anime remake development trailers for your convenience.

The first one was about 45 seconds and at 1920x1080.
The second one was 1m30s and I had to crop it to show just the development trailer because part of the video screen showed the team talking about a certain scene, so I cropped that out. Luckily the trailer screen was actually a good size, so the quality is good, but I had to downsize it to 1280x720.

Anyways, enjoy!

Here is the MEGA link to the folder:

https://mega.nz/folder/xEJUBabC#2shNH72rsCOcpeFy7a7rYw

Dai1.jpg

Dai2.jpg

Dai3.jpg

Dai4.jpg

Dai5.jpg

Dai6.jpg

Dai7.jpg

Dai8.jpg

Here's the scorpion scene from episode 2 in the 1991 TV series:

DQDnD_Scorpion_Scene_1991.jpg

Here's about that same scene in the 2020 remake:

DQDnD_Scorpion_Scene_2020.jpg

The quality has improved a LOT. I like the new animation.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Like 2

Pretty excited.  I'm sad that Sugiyama isn't doing the music for the new series though.  His OPs were amazing.  Still, I'll make do.

• Like 1

Gonna try to read all the manga this summer (I'm about 25% in a week), then I'll watch the anime, and be all ready for this to never come to the US.

^ literally every new anime is licensed on some streaming platform nowadays, most of the time before it’s aired. You would be shocked at the absolute trash we get. This will 100% come out. The only question is who will license it.

The video game is more in doubt, if anything.

We did get Your Story

Posted (edited)

Toei Animation US already released an English subtitled trailer of the the 15 second teaser on YouTube. Obviously, Crunchyroll will get it. It was the same for the Digimon Adventure remake. There was an English subtitled teaser for it months back, and then Crunchyroll got that. They get most of Toei's stuff simulcasted.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Like 1

Thanks, nice to have the first few minutes of the first episode video part in full size. The upgrade in animation quality, the enthusiasm of the staff, and the investment in making three games at once before the anime has even started gives me a lot of hope that we are in for a treat.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Long time no see, Mimas. Also, btw,

On Sunday, June 21 at 8pm JST (4am US PST same day) a Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai" special livestream called "Dai-suki TV #1" will be on YouTube. Atsumi Tanezaki, who plays the role of Dai, will also appear! Please stay tuned.

Note: Dai-suki is a pun on Dai's name, and the word Daisuki which means "like" or "love" (ex I love anime)

https://dq-dai.com/news/2020061801.php

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Like 1