Jump to content
masterpouret

How to register your vpn connection on switch ?

Recommended Posts

Hello there, nice to meet you !

I just signed up here because I really want to play Dragon Quest 10 for a long time and thought it would be great to try it.

I'm european and I'm unfortunately hurting a wall now because, I intsalled softether application, however I don't know how to access connection of the VPN on my swtich and don't find any good information online. If someone would be kind enough to set up my connection for playing the game on my switch, it would be really much apreciated.

 

Thank you in advance and have a nice day everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I won't be any help here, I only used a VPN for the PC version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply ! 

Actually I just started to make it work on pc, though I would really be so happy to enjoy it on the Switch too ! It works so well on pc, but I jus don't know how to set the vpn I use to be linked to the switch so that I

can play the game, I'm really a noob about this and don't know much. So a step by step tutorial would be so kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like I succeed to set up a vpn for the Switch and succeeded to play the game! 

 

However I have two questions,  I'm using the ether vpn on my switch with easy play, though I wanted to change the vpn ip adress because it seems that with thos vpn it's often changing and only a few have maybe good connection, so when I changed the ip adress, the game made me like a new game whitout my previous character ! Is there a way to keep the same ip adress forever with this vpn ? Otherwise how should I do to keep the same ip adress forever ? Or maybe it's better to create an account ? But then the game is not anymore free to play foe initial content ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, masterpouret said:

Seems like I succeed to set up a vpn for the Switch and succeeded to play the game! 

 

However I have two questions,  I'm using the ether vpn on my switch with easy play, though I wanted to change the vpn ip adress because it seems that with thos vpn it's often changing and only a few have maybe good connection, so when I changed the ip adress, the game made me like a new game whitout my previous character ! Is there a way to keep the same ip adress forever with this vpn ? Otherwise how should I do to keep the same ip adress forever ? Or maybe it's better to create an account ? But then the game is not anymore free to play foe initial content ? 

No idea about VPN, but I had a similar issue with trying to play on my Switch and Switch Lite. I couldn't play on both, even with the same Nintendo username and such. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a SE account. I was then able to sign in and play for free on both my Switch and Lite Switch. It was also still free, as I believe many others have said something like all content up to V2 is free. I did this after beating the V1 boss and then switched Switches and it was fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys .

About to play dragon quest x on switch it's easy you can play it like me I am playing dragon quest x on PC switch and PlayStation 4.

All you need is router to support VPN. I am using Asus router and overplay supporting my router taking the number from there and you put it in your router it will be automatically VPN.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like this was solved, but in case anybody runs across this thread in the future I'd like to post a couple hints. I can't speak for anybody's particular network setup, but this will work if your computer has WiFi and Ethernet (or two Ethernet cards and a Switch Ethernet adapter, or two WiFi cards), you can do this:

Look up Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 7 or Wireless Hotspot in Windows 10. You can share your internet connection over another networking card. But this alone won't get you a VPN. You'll need to use a VPN on your computer, such as SoftEther or a tunnel through AWS, and then share your VPN-enabled connection over your secondary network card. From there you should be able to connect your Switch to the new network and should be good to go.

 

I wish I could give more detailed instructions, but A) I'm not currently subscribed to DQX (not for lack of wanting to) so I can't walk through and test the process right now (and my region isn't blocked anymore anyway), and B) your specific network may differ. These steps *should* work on any network, but I'm no expert so I won't claim that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, masterpouret said:

Seems like I succeed to set up a vpn for the Switch and succeeded to play the game! 

 

However I have two questions,  I'm using the ether vpn on my switch with easy play, though I wanted to change the vpn ip adress because it seems that with thos vpn it's often changing and only a few have maybe good connection, so when I changed the ip adress, the game made me like a new game whitout my previous character ! Is there a way to keep the same ip adress forever with this vpn ? Otherwise how should I do to keep the same ip adress forever ? Or maybe it's better to create an account ? But then the game is not anymore free to play foe initial content ? 

Like Goldylox quoted before me, I'd suggest you to better create a japanese Square Enix account so you can sure that your on game progress get saved since it seens easy play isn't that reliable speacially if you'll be upgrading to full version or switching consoles in the future, so my advice will be to create a japanese SE account now since it isn't that hard since you just have to type your name and surname  twice (once in katakana and once in harinaga/kanji characters) and regarding a japanese address and zip code there are plenty of random japanese addresses/zip codes that you can find on google and even though google translate is not that good it helped me a lot to set up my japanese SE account and figure out what to type in order to complete it.

Edited by Tenshi2701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, Tenshi2701 said:

Like Goldylox quoted before me, I'd suggest you to better create a japanese Square Enix account so you can sure that your on game progress get saved since it seens easy play isn't that reliable speacially if you'll be upgrading to full version or switching consoles in the future, so my advice will be to create a japanese SE account now since it isn't that hard since you just have to type your name and surname  twice (once in katakana and once in harinaga/kanji characters) and regarding a japanese address and zip code there are plenty of random japanese addresses/zip codes that you can find on google and even though google translate is not that good it helped me a lot to set up my japanese SE account and figure out what to type in order to complete it.

None of that was necessary when setting up a Square Enix account on the Switch. Not an address, not a name and surname in Japanese. None of it. 

It was simply: username, email, password. I typed it all in English. Took less than a minute. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoldyloX said:

None of that was necessary when setting up a Square Enix account on the Switch. Not an address, not a name and surname in Japanese. None of it. 

It was simply: username, email, password. I typed it all in English. Took less than a minute. 

Cool!

I registered mine on my mobile device on google chrome probably that's why SE asked me for all that info, but it's good to know you can set up a SE account easier on the switch! 😉👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...