Woodus

Dragon Quest of the Stars Event Reruns

dqstarsandios.png

In addition to the Dragon Quest Day (May 27th) event, they are rerunning a bunch of the past events if you missed them or want to gather some more equipment from those events.

Event Rerun.png

That's a lot of events!

Posted (edited)

A bunch of the whales, particularly from China, are up in arms that QotS is rerunning stuff they already completed with their bulked up characters. The whales got downright nasty on the FB feed, attacking the devs, accusing them of slacking and not being paid enough, and citing that as paying customers they were owed more content for all the money they poured into the game (even threatening to quit the game and not spend any more money if their new content demands weren't met.) It was embarrassing to read through, as a DQ fan, so Bururian and I started trolling the whales. One in particular either deleted their post or had their post deleted by an admin. Such entitlement! Makes me realize it's not just here in NA. We see it in other countries, too.

Thankfully, it seems to have calmed down by now. Much thanks to @Bururian for joining in.

#WhaleTantrum

Edited by Liamland

Posted (edited)

I imagine it's so much worse in other multi-year established mobile games like this.

I honestly have done all of three to four 10-pulls since the game came out. I've been lucky enough with doing my daily pulls that I've accrued a metal weapon for my party members. Gear has basically not mattered to this point for me as I'm not focusing on the super high level stuff. I don't think I've had a full party wipe more than once or twice, even doing the Legendary Dragon Lord/Malroth fights. The game doe not punish you. You just need the levels. It's a very generous mobile game.

Edit: My point is that these guys are being total entitled jackwagons about a free game.

Edited by Bururian
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 10:21 AM, Liamland said:

The whales got downright nasty on the FB feed, attacking the devs, accusing them of slacking and not being paid enough, and citing that as paying customers they were owed more content for all the money they poured into the game (even threatening to quit the game and not spend any more money if their new content demands weren't met.) It was embarrassing to read through, as a DQ fan, so Bururian and I started trolling the whales. One in particular either deleted their post or had their post deleted by an admin. Such entitlement! Makes me realize it's not just here in NA. We see it in other countries, too.

You’d think they’d be happy that they can give their wallets a break. That’s been my experience when observing mobile game whales, at least.

I could understand being upset about content re runs during normal circumstances, but they announced mo ths ago that COVID would impact their content rollout. Rerunning content gives them a reprieve.

That said, I had just about grown bored of the game anyway. DQV event was what I was really holding out for. I can't justify the Adventurers Pass each month anymore.

• Like 2

I wasn't aware of the game until the Dragon Quest III events were already underway, but I love Dragon Quest I and II, so I was actually really happy to see these rerun. Plus the the Rubiss chest has fantastic stuff (probably the best chest in the game so far that I know of), so it's good to know it wasn't a one-time-only thing. So I'm happy with it, at least. Plus it gave me a chance to beat the legendary Baramonster and Zoma that I wasn't ready for the first time around, and even got a fiend-class Zoma key.

• Like 1