GoldyloX

Japanese Square Enix account

I asked yesterday about continuing playing DQX on a different Switch because of how I started with easy play.  Turns out that IS a thing! 

https://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/public/playguide/switchtrial_1_kantan

How careful do I need to be making a Japanese SE account on my Switch?  Do I need to have my Switch connected to a VPN?  Do I need to enter a Japanese name and address?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, GoldyloX said:

I asked yesterday about continuing playing DQX on a different Switch because of how I started with easy play.  Turns out that IS a thing! 

https://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/public/playguide/switchtrial_1_kantan

How careful do I need to be making a Japanese SE account on my Switch?  Do I need to have my Switch connected to a VPN?  Do I need to enter a Japanese name and address?

Well since you literally switched from one Nintendo Switch to another, I'd recommend you to create your japanese SE ID and Password on your smarthphone, tablet or pc, that way you can use right away Google translate on the japanese SE account (since everything is on japanese over there) and would be easily to connect to a vpn to create your account which I heard it isn't obligatory to connect to a vpn to create a japanese SE account, but if you already have a vpn service it wouldn't hurt to do if through it to avoid any error message while you're creating it.

You'll need a japanese address and japanese zip to create your account, also they'll ask you to enter your name and surname twice using katakana and kanji characters.

Edited by Tenshi2701