Jump to content
TetsuyaHikari

Took off my cash shop gear and now it's gone?

Recommended Posts

So, I bought a set of cosmetic gear a while back and I was using it to glamour my current gear. Well, I finally reached a point where I like the look of the normal gear more, so I decided to take off the cosmetic stuff by talking to the dress up NPC. Now the gear is just... Gone?

I've checked my inventory, I've checked my storage, everything I can think of, but it's nowhere to be found. Where did they put the pieces of gear? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TetsuyaHikari said:

So, I bought a set of cosmetic gear a while back and I was using it to glamour my current gear. Well, I finally reached a point where I like the look of the normal gear more, so I decided to take off the cosmetic stuff by talking to the dress up NPC. Now the gear is just... Gone?

I've checked my inventory, I've checked my storage, everything I can think of, but it's nowhere to be found. Where did they put the pieces of gear? lol

The only advice I can think of would be to check with the Inn concierge npc or with the Vault npc, probably they got your gear storaged, especially if your inventory is full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tenshi2701 said:

The only advice I can think of would be to check with the Inn concierge npc or with the Vault npc, probably they got your gear storaged, especially if your inventory is full.

Well, my inventory wasn't full at the time, but maybe there's a way to reclaim it or something? I mean, surely there's some kind of system in place where you can re-redeem the items or something in case they become lost or something. It'd be kinda weird if you spent over $10 for a set of gear and had to buy it again if it ever became lost, lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TetsuyaHikari said:

Well, my inventory wasn't full at the time, but maybe there's a way to reclaim it or something? I mean, surely there's some kind of system in place where you can re-redeem the items or something in case they become lost or something. It'd be kinda weird if you spent over $10 for a set of gear and had to buy it again if it ever became lost, lol.

Well since I have been playing just 3 weeks I don't have much experience with the in game gear but if I find an answer about your lost cosmetic stuff I'll definitely let you know 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can return to the hiroba shop and there is a way to have it re-send the items to you.  They'll arrive in your character's mailbox.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

You can return to the hiroba shop and there is a way to have it re-send the items to you.  They'll arrive in your character's mailbox.

Yeah, checking the shop was the first thing I did, but I didn't see an option for that. I thought about checking the history of items I've bought, but couldn't really find it anywhere on the site. The layout feels kind of archaic in a way since they don't really make it easy, lol. I remember having the same kind of difficulty when just wanting to update my picture on my profile (the status menu and stuff was completely out of the way). I'll keep taking a look around the shop to see if I can find it though since re-sending it to me would just be the easiest thing (even if I'd have to purchase dye for them again, that's fine).

EDIT: Just gonna post a screenshot of my shop history. I thought going to that tab would be where I could resend it from, but I couldn't find any option there.

1993163712_DQXShop.png.bced54e8428cc8ca334db329680fb528.png

I also tried accessing the page for the set itself to see if there was an option, but it simply asked if I wanted to add it to my cart again. I thought maybe by doing so, it would realize I had already purchased it and would ask if I wanted them to re-send it to me, but nope. It's asking if I want to buy it again, so that didn't work either, lol.

Edited by TetsuyaHikari
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, that stinks. I haven't even thought about touching that cosmetic gear aspect yet as I don't have a firm enough grasp of many other things. Sorry to hear about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I'll help you find it when I get off work.

Cool. Well, it's not that big of a deal since I'm comfortable with my current look at the moment. I'd just rather not have to buy the stuff all over again, lol.

Thanks in advance though.

 

5 hours ago, GoldyloX said:

Ugh, that stinks. I haven't even thought about touching that cosmetic gear aspect yet as I don't have a firm enough grasp of many other things. Sorry to hear about that!

Well, in my defense, I'm spoiled by FFXIV, so I thought it'd be easier than this, lol. In FFXIV, I just go put the gear in my storage or hold onto it in my inventory/armory chest, but if I ever take off the glamour, that gear doesn't just straight up disappear just because I removed it. So yeah, this kinda threw me for a loop, to say the least, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.1dd349a87aa6b7c16dcef72a877ef4e5.png

This is what you want.  Do you see this on your screen?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cranberry said:

image.thumb.png.1dd349a87aa6b7c16dcef72a877ef4e5.png

This is what you want.  Do you see this on your screen?

Yeah, I saw the free pass item button before, but never even thought to click it cause I remembered some items having this icon on it, but others didn't. Truth be told, I didn't really know what it was for though. I guess it means that the ones with 'free' on it can be redistributed to you while the ones without it can't (in order to avoid dupes of certain items I guess). That seems to have solved the problem though.

Going to check my mailbox now. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...