Good JRPGs on Steam?

I had just about completely ignored PC gaming my whole life until I made a Steam account a month and a half ago. What changed my mind? I saw NiGHTS into Dreams, Jet Set Radio, and later Shenmue I & II on sale, and I also found out I could use a Switch Pro Controller for Steam.

As much as I like those games, I'd really love to get some JRPGs from Steam. Any particular recommendations for someone who knows very little about the platform?

• Like 1

Theres this little indie game called Dragon Quest XI that I hear is good.

If you haven’t played them the Legend of Heroes games are pretty good RPGs. Steam should have the The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series. If you want to play them in chronological order, play the Trails in the Sky games first.

Other RPGs I would recommend are Bug Fables and Darkest Dungeon. I don’t really know what all is on steam anymore, but I think the store front has a number of search options depending on what you’re looking for.

• Like 1
If you haven’t played them the Legend of Heroes games are pretty good RPGs. Steam should have the The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series. If you want to play them in chronological order, play the Trails in the Sky games first.
Other RPGs I would recommend are Bug Fables and Darkest Dungeon. I don’t really know what all is on steam anymore, but I think the store front has a number of search options depending on what you’re looking for.
Legend of Heroes can't come more recommend!

Oh duh. I just remembered another game that’s on Steam now: Octopath Traveler. If you don’t have it on Switch, it’s available on Steam. It’s a very good game on either console.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I find Octopath Traveler superb, having discovered RPGs at the time of ps1 with titles like Grandia, FF, suikoden, legend of dragoon, wild arms, breath of fire 3, etc. .. I find the charm of the time. the graphics have a lot to do with it, and the mix between pixel art and HD is really well worked and above all very original.

Edited by avensis

Oh, anything by Zeboyd Games is awesome. I recently played their Chuthlu Saves Christmas and it's hilarious! Bought their library and need to work through it. Cosmic Star Heroine is out on multiple platforms, also theirs.