FionordeQuester

Dragon Quest VI, 100% Walkthrough on Youtube!

[insert patented Platty insult that Something Awful is the perfect place to discuss DQ6 ]

My goodness, that's a huge amount of work in those posts! Pretty cool artwork and graphics and such!

Thx!  I got as much of 'em from Dragon Quest VI materials as I could, though I had to use Dragon Quest VIII stuff for what I couldn't find!

Wanna see?

Posted (edited)

Alright, change of plans!  The updates will come once per 2 days; 1 day for the Recaps, and 1 day for the vids!  With that said, here's the latest batch of content!

Also, no more of the "Like, comment, and sub" stuff after this Episode.  I care more about you guys than anything else, so I decided to just have "Have a nice day, and God bless you" be what ends each video.  It just... feels better that way :) .

Episode #4 Recap: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927161#post505680164

Edited by FionordeQuester
  • Like 1

By 2020, people should know to like & sub if they're using YouTube anyway!

Recap of Part 5!  That's from Moonmirror Tower to the end of the "King becomes a Queen!" cutscene.

Note: The original script has a minor plothole. Real World Somnia has a yellow helmet guy that doesn't recognize Rex's name, yet claims you look just like the Prince. He's the guy that tells you that you'd be a mirror image of him, if you bought the Royal Garb (which is how you're supposed to know to do so). I fix this minor plothole by... Well, you'll see at the end.

Also, the Poison Zombie/Corspickle boss fight is more than two pages long. Feel free to skip it, if you wish.

Episode #5 Recap: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=156946

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Alright guys! Ready to collect 34 Mini Medals and 6 Dreamscapes in one 28 minute video!?

• Like 2

Introducing some of the series' most busted equipment ever, followed by the series' most boring mini-game ever, then ending with one of the easiest bosses it's ever had.

It's a video of extremes, is what I'm saying :P

Speaking of scary looking things, it's time for one of the most emotional moments in the game, featuring this scary looking fellow:

NOTE: This REALLY shouldn't have been something you could just do whenever you felt like it.  It carries way more impact when it's at the very end of the mid-game.

• Like 1

I see you properly put the real hero of the game in front of spiky-hair boy. Well done!
AMOS!

Fair Warning: The video below is not going to be like the usual episodes.  It's focused purely on story, and it's all about me moaning and groaning about how much I dislike Felonia, and the way it brings up issues it clearly has no interest in actually pursuing.

It's not a positive episode, and more to the point, it doesn't have any gameplay.  16 minutes are just going through the  NPC flavor text, and then the next 9 are essentially a SpoonyOne-esque Vlog (back when he was cool).  

If that interests you, feel free to click.  If not, feel free to ignore; You won't miss any important strategy or gameplay :) !

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Murdaw, being the infamous boss that he is, deserved something a little more thorough that what I gave to all the other bosses up to now. For better or worse, that means Part 8 is super long, and split into three parts. In fact, the third isn't even done yet; I just finished up 1 and 2. So, hope you enjoy!

Part 8-1 Recap: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927161#post506075968

Part 8-2 Recap: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927161#post506075994

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And there we go! The Part 8 Recap is complete at last! Phew! Not going into that much detail for the REST of the boss fights, I'll tell you that much! Well, maybe Mortamor if you wish, but other than that... Yeah, WAY too much time :P !

Pat 8-3 Recap: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927161#post506107406

Posted (edited)

Does Terry live up to his hype? Why does he become a Dancer for a bit? And who is that dragon in our thumbnail? Find out, TODAY, on DRAGON QUEST SIIIIIIIIX!!

[Also, massive thanks to the Japanese artists that gave me permission to use their art]

• Like 1

Turns out, the game has a stupid amount of new flavor text after Murdaw's defeat; Enough to break Something Awful's character limit several times over. So instead of the Part 9 Recap, I'll be posting this "Intermission"; All the stuff I found relevant/interesting/funny/what-have-you. 

All the towns are included except Amor (you'll see why later). The rest, you can find labeled by section with CTRL + F. Highlights include...

1) Party chat hinting that Captain Rusty may be alive (Castle Somnia, Real World)

2) Carver reconciling with his father (Port Haven)

3) Ella & Johan about to have sex (Port Haven... Seriously, I'm not joking)

4) A farmer and his dessert (Ghent)

5) King Somnus the playboy (Castle Somnia, Dream World)

6) Tania's darkest fears (Weaver's Peak)

https://lpbeach.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99&p=1563#p1563

• Like 1

Alright y'all, ready for some combat?  

Combat! Best part of the game.

Combat! The only part of the game.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Combat! The only part of the game.

Combat! The Game.