Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Episode #016 - Brother Jaybird & DQHTWTWATBB

Posted (edited)

Slight correction: the issue that first introduced me to the franchise was the August 2000 issue of Nintendo Power, not technically late 90s.

?module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=4572

Edited by Brother Jaybird

In theory, would it be easier to beat Zoma if I used just Luceus and Jessica? That way I save my leaves to revive one or the other. Or does that change Zoma's focus to just attacking two characters making it easier for him? These whole discussions last night have got me wanting to do either one of two things: 1) try Zoma again, 2) rage quit that and just play through and beat DQHII.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Liamland said:

In theory, would it be easier to beat Zoma if I used just Luceus and Jessica? That way I save my leaves to revive one or the other. Or does that change Zoma's focus to just attacking two characters making it easier for him? These whole discussions last night have got me wanting to do either one of two things: 1) try Zoma again, 2) rage quit that and just play through and beat DQHII.

I beat Zoma with a full team, but I relied on the abusive strategies; I know I used Aurora and Terry, and I think I used Bianca and Alena, too. I vaguely seem to recall just jumping to one character and whaling on him until I ran out of MP and then just switching to the next.

If you don't want to do that, I would suggest going with the characters you're most comfortable with. The DPS characters (Terry & Alena) are mostly just to get it over with faster. Either way, Zoma's one of those bosses where you really need to know his attack-signals in advance, so you'll probably be getting in practice one way or another.

Edited by Brother Jaybird

Yeah, this was basically one of those bosses that (for both Platty and myself) you need a lot of patience to get through, and I don't think either of us had it in us to keep trying. I remember the tells at the time from what attacks Zoma would use, but he attacks so fast and then zooms or teleports to the complete other side of the room and attacks you from a distance. I need to make sure I have enough Patience Points (or PP). Platty and I both need PP all over this fight.

I was talking to Platty about one regret I had about this recording in that we didn't offer Brother Jaybird an all-Male choice in MTPP in addition to the all female one he answered. Keeping in line with the DQH games where you get Puff Puffs from both female and male playable characters, in retrospect I want to offer both choices. It's just not something we thought of at the time.

So, Brother Jaybird. Marry, Thwack, Puff-Puff:

Yangus, Psaro, Doric

12 hours ago, Liamland said:

So, Brother Jaybird. Marry, Thwack, Puff-Puff:

Yangus, Psaro, Doric

That selection, same order. Psaro's good-looking, but the absolute disdain would do a number on the self-esteem.

• Like 2

Doh, forgot to post here

Den MP4 and MP3 are up - https://www.woodus.com/den/slimetime/episodes.php

As well as the  YouTube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iPTJTwwN0

• Like 3

Thanks Woodus. Nice job on the visuals and video you added. Really combines well with the recording.

• Like 1

Thanks, lots of things came to mind when doing that one, helps I took some notes during the recording for things to look for :)

• Like 1