Plattym3

Keeping it All Organized

A couple years back I was looking for a way (other than my signature) to keep track of all the games (mainly RPGs) that I own, I've owned and completed, or owned and peaced out on.  I can't even remember the first place I tried to organize them.  Then I did it on HowLongToBeat and that was kinda good, but I never thought to go there and update it, so it's 1.5 years out of sync now and doesn't quite have all the games I've played or the different ways I've owned them and such, so it's time to do something that keeps it more customizable and easy enough for me to find.  Finally putting it all into a Google Sheet.  I think I've finally got all of 1 console together, so here's what I'm doing that makes sense to me. Using the number 1 to basically signify YES and so I can count a bunch of stats and stuff in another tab for another day. We'll see how this progresses:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.10.24 AM.png

I respect the “sell 4 profit.”

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I uh...I got this

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Edited by AustNerevar
  • Like 1

I need to make a list of games I need to finish. I can usually remember what I have and haven’t beaten, but I’d like to have a list of games that I’ve left in limbo so I can cross them off.

Right now I’m admittedly not worried about trying to complete games in limbo and would rather just play what springs to mind. I think it’s why I’ve stuck to older games or revisiting some like I did with Breath of the Wild yesterday. Still, I want to put a list together in case I decide to change things up again.

47 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I need to make a list of games I need to finish. I can usually remember what I have and haven’t beaten, but I’d like to have a list of games that I’ve left in limbo so I can cross them off.

Right now I’m admittedly not worried about trying to complete games in limbo and would rather just play what springs to mind. I think it’s why I’ve stuck to older games or revisiting some like I did with Breath of the Wild yesterday. Still, I want to put a list together in case I decide to change things up again.

I always recommend Backloggery. That’s what I use.

I always recommend Backloggery. That’s what I use.
Ah, yes. I had it all on there one year. Then forgot what it was called and then did it all again on HLTB.
@AustNerevar that's amazing!

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Ah, yes. I had it all on there one year. Then forgot what it was called and then did it all again on HLTB.
@AustNerevar that's amazing!

I considered HLTB in the past but I’m not a fan of the way it looks.

[mention=66483]AustNerevar[/mention] that's amazing!
Thanks. I spent a lot of time working on it last summer trying to remember to remember all the games I've completed in my life. The. I started collecting stats from said games based on what I would have naturally done to complete those games. For some games that had stats stored in save records I had to hunt up old carts or re-download them from Steam.

Interesting project. Not sure why I did all that. Guess I'm a weirdo.
  • Like 1

Thanks. I spent a lot of time working on it last summer trying to remember to remember all the games I've completed in my life. The. I started collecting stats from said games based on what I would have naturally done to complete those games. For some games that had stats stored in save records I had to hunt up old carts or re-download them from Steam.

Interesting project. Not sure why I did all that. Guess I'm a weirdo.
I enjoy stays like that. Glad my 3DS has playtime records going back almost a decade now.

3DS

Decade

cd7281054f619f1cd92818f521318f3c.gif

cd7281054f619f1cd92818f521318f3c.gif
Perfect metaphor. It's aged to a perfection hundreds of millions of people around the world adore.

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I've realized that bouncing back and forth between focusing on beating the games I've got, and jumping on whatever comes to mind, keeps me happiest as a gamer. 

• Like 1

I've realized that bouncing back and forth between focusing on beating the games I've got, and jumping on whatever comes to mind, keeps me happiest as a gamer. 
Yeah, that's been me this year. My end goal with this list is to link the top 5 games I want to finish off on my Page 1 and then also keep a top 5 wish list as well as a top 10 play next list. That way with a glance I can see a pleothra of games I've got going, could start if I'm in a rut and what to look forward to.

I really need to get around to making a list. I started collecting again and need something to be organized.

I could just save the effort. Just copy and paste my backlog over. It is practically the same thing right now.

• Like 1

News today: Limited Run Games is reprinting Mary Skelter 2. Damnit.

43 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 4/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, eal said:

News today: Limited Run Games is reprinting Mary Skelter 2. Damnit.

Better sell it quick! I’d have to look into that because LRG are infamous for refusing to do reprints but will be sneaky sometimes and sell it as a different product or on a different console. I do want to get the visual novel Clannad they just put up for pre-order. They’ve been selling a lot of Switch games I’m interested in lately.

If it makes you feel better, a couple months ago I found a PS3 copy of Ducktales Remastered (I have the Wii U version) for cheap at a Walmart and decided to flip it on eBay. I got a few bucks out of it. It took a couple days to finally go. Come to find out it sold because, not a few hours beforehand, the news dropped that it was gone from digital storefronts and now sells for much more.

Better sell it quick! I’d have to look into that because LRG are infamous for refusing to do reprints but will be sneaky sometimes and sell it as a different product or on a different console. I do want to get the visual novel Clannad they just put up for pre-order. They’ve been selling a lot of Switch games I’m interested in lately.
If it makes you feel better, a couple months ago I found a PS3 copy of Ducktales Remastered (I have the Wii U version) for cheap at a Walmart and decided to flip it on eBay. I got a few bucks out of it. It took a couple days to finally go. Come to find out it sold because, not a few hours beforehand, the news dropped that it was gone from digital storefronts and now sells for much more.
I'd left my shipping stuff at work or it'd have been gone 2 weeks ago. Will likely list it tomorrow. Went in today to pick stuff up.

17 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I really need to get around to making a list. I started collecting again and need something to be organized.

I could just save the effort. Just copy and paste my backlog over. It is practically the same thing right now.

All I've got is an amazon wishlist. 

Then again, I'm more of a player than collector, even though I do prefer physical copies of all my games. 

• Like 1

Ni no Kuni a 7? How..dare you...
I considered it a personal 6 because had I not had it for review, I'd have quit it, but gave it a 7 since I did write it up as 3.5/5. That combat in unplayable by me.

14 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

A 7 out of 6 maybe.

16 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Now you know I how felt when Earthbound was getting criticized a while ago.

Now you know I how felt when Earthbound was getting criticized a while ago.
Ancient battle system, slow-moving, dated graphics. I gave it a good go.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

emoji848.png Ancient battle system, slow-moving, dated graphics. I gave it a good go.

Keep digging that hole, Platty. I don’t think the game is perfect, but I can’t agree with any of your points.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Keep digging that hole, Platty. I don’t think the game is perfect, but I can’t agree with any of your points.
You've seen what I've hit and quit. Despite being a kid in the 80s, most of my RPG love came about with PS2/DS and newer. It's hard for me to do SNES & PS1.