How is everyone during the crisis?

Today is the first day that we can go maskless (after being fully vaccinated), and yet maybe...15-20% of people I’ve encountered today have taken off their masks. This is kinda wild to me since the week before all anyone could talk about was the day we could take them off. It’s sorta like when the dessert comes out and no one wants to be the first person to go for it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, they already are. Lately more and more people seem to view masks as more of a safety blanket. Wearing a mask, but the nose is still exposed. Wearing a mask, yet sipping from a Starbucks cup.

I’m standing in line to get into Walmart, which is a #$*!ed up concept in and of itself, and out of nowhere the guy next to me gets as close to me as is humanly possible without being in physical cont

The issue I have is the President of the United States of America shouldn’t be blowing hot air or trolling. And the people shouldn’t have to wade through his nonsense to find genuine policy positions.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eal said:

Today is the first day that we can go maskless (after being fully vaccinated), and yet maybe...15-20% of people I’ve encountered today have taken off their masks. This is kinda wild to me since the week before all anyone could talk about was the day we could take them off. It’s sorta like when the dessert comes out and no one wants to be the first person to go for it.

I wish that was the case for the Midwest right now. So many people have gone massless already but I don’t believe all of them have been vaccinated. And in my place of work we pretty much have to rely on the honor system for people since we can no longer ask folks to put masks on.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I wish that was the case for the Midwest right now. So many people have gone massless already but I don’t believe all of them have been vaccinated. And in my place of work we pretty much have to rely on the honor system for people since we can no longer ask folks to put masks on.

This is the same with us. We have to assume that if a person isn’t wearing a mask, they’re fully vaccinated. I’m willing to take this on good faith currently since most people that’ve gone maskless that I’ve seen are older people.

At work, we’re actually supposed to treat vaccinations like religion and politics and not discuss it, but it has sorta become another form of small talk with customers and they willingly bring it up and I don’t really mind; they’re actually pretty receptive to a quick chat about our vaccines to be honest.

• Like 1

The mask mandate here ended back in March. Everyone started losing their minds. I said probably not much was going to change and... it didn't. Since then it's more or less back to normal. Case numbers keep dropping. Some people can't let it go and see that actual reality is different from Facebook/Twitter reality.

My state is not without its problems, but I'm grateful to live here. Other people seem to be as well, because I've seen license plates from nearly all 50 states around town! The only ones I haven't seen are North and South Dakota, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska, and all of New England with the exception of New York and New Jersey. About one in 25 cars is a California plate. Lots of Michigan and New York too. The home and remodeling market has exploded.

Michigan has been an overall disaster and one of the worst states for many reasons. I'll just say that my distrust of big corporations, big politicians (both parties), the media, big tech, and scientists (not actual science, scientists) has reached levels lower than I already had them.

I've seen friends die due to corona patients being put in nursing homes. I've seen friends lose their businesses due to the regulations. Cloth masks are worthless, as I knew from the start.  For me, it's worse than worthless since I'm asthmatic so I usually refused to wear them unless I had no choice in the matter.

I got vaxxed (against because of asthma). My wife got vaxxed. It's time to open everything up and get back to work.

• Like 1

I know some people who have asthma and wearing a mask never bothered them or made them feel like they couldn’t breath. Maybe their asthma wasn’t that extreme (one guy was a co-worker of mine who was in the middle of his college years), but just from what I’ve heard from folks the mask wearing never bothered them.

• Like 1

Before we get into a mask discussion that's 15+ months old and stinks like it's far staler, I think it's safe to lock this topic. Glad we all made it this far, we're nearing the end!

• Like 1