RyuKisargi

How is everyone during the crisis?

Alive... which is better than a lot of people who caught it.

I had a relatively mild case at the beginning April. I got hit all of the sudden, basically felt like I was going to cough myself to death for about 4 days, then came right out of it, and of yet haven't had any real unpleasant aftereffects. It was basically a week sick, then another week of paid vacation for me while I was on home isolation.

I live way out in the sticks, though, so aside from masks in stores and occasional thin shelves in stores, it hasn't really changed much for me. In the grand scheme of it, we have gotten off pretty easily locally. 

• Like 1

Work hooked us up with a great mask with our company logo. I’m basically shilling for them any time I go into a store, but it’s a symbiotic relationship because now I don’t feel like a dingus shopping after work in dressy clothes because I’m literally broadcasting where I work on my face.

Since it’s fast approaching, I’m curious to see how Christmas is going to shake out. I think we won’t really feel just how devastating an impact the virus has made on the economy until the holiday season comes and sales tank. Not only will people still be avoiding stores as much as they can, we’ll be 9 months into a pandemic that has put people out of work and some families might not feel comfortable flying in from out of state or visiting altogether. I’m sure a lot of businesses have pushed through to see if Christmas can help them bounce back, and it likely won’t for certain companies. Like, I’m pretty sure this will be GameStop’s last Christmas.

All the little things towns, cities, states do for the holiday season will go POOF. Up in smoke. The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is happening but I’m assuming it’s gonna be a lot different from normal, people won’t be able to attend tree lightings, kids might not get to go see Santa at the mall, and who wants to be in NYC for New Years? Just imagine how few Hallmark Christmas movies we’ll get next year! 2021 is going to be rough.

We got it. :/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk