How is everyone during the crisis?

I watched the Star Wars prequel trilogy and just finished Episode 3 today. Since I’m still off from work for X amount of time, figured I would watch  some more Star Wars after re-watching the original trilogy last week since it was May 4th. I vaguely remember seeing Phantom Menace as a kid on a VHS my dad had, while the other two...well, I’m pretty sure I never watched them, just have vague memories of them. Most likely from any trailers/commercials on TV.

I thought the prequel movies were good. I don’t have any nostalgia with Star Wars and was only going off what others have said about the prequels, but overall I thought they were decent movies. Ewan McGregor was a good choice for a young Obi-Wan, seeing Yoda’s power and fighting abilities was great, the John Williams music was excellent in all three movies, and the action sequences...well, again, all three movies were excellent in that regard. The last 45 minutes or so of Attack of the Clones was great from the arena battle onwards.

So, I still prefer the original trilogy, but the prequel trilogy was good overall. I may start watching the new trilogy this week, but we’ll see. Can’t wait to see what exactly everyone got their pants in a twist about when it comes to the new films.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, they already are. Lately more and more people seem to view masks as more of a safety blanket. Wearing a mask, but the nose is still exposed. Wearing a mask, yet sipping from a Starbucks cup.

I’m standing in line to get into Walmart, which is a #$*!ed up concept in and of itself, and out of nowhere the guy next to me gets as close to me as is humanly possible without being in physical cont

The issue I have is the President of the United States of America shouldn’t be blowing hot air or trolling. And the people shouldn’t have to wade through his nonsense to find genuine policy positions.

Posted Images

Got bad news today. My June summer camps are dead. My July ones are on life support and only time will tell, but I got the feeling the plug's half-pulled already. Seeing as though I make up to 25% of my yearly pay from camp and clubs after school, it's gonna be penny-pinching time soon.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I watched the Star Wars prequel trilogy and just finished Episode 3 today. Since I’m still off from work for X amount of time, figured I would watch  some more Star Wars after re-watching the original trilogy last week since it was May 4th. I vaguely remember seeing Phantom Menace as a kid on a VHS my dad had, while the other two...well, I’m pretty sure I never watched them, just have vague memories of them. Most likely from any trailers/commercials on TV.

I thought the prequel movies were good. I don’t have any nostalgia with Star Wars and was only going off what others have said about the prequels, but overall I thought they were decent movies. Ewan McGregor was a good choice for a young Obi-Wan, seeing Yoda’s power and fighting abilities was great, the John Williams music was excellent in all three movies, and the action sequences...well, again, all three movies were excellent in that regard. The last 45 minutes or so of Attack of the Clones was great from the arena battle onwards.

So, I still prefer the original trilogy, but the prequel trilogy was good overall. I may start watching the new trilogy this week, but we’ll see. Can’t wait to see what exactly everyone got their pants in a twist about when it comes to the new films.

I stay neutral on the prequel movies because I 100% have nostalgia for them. They’re a part of my childhood. I remember having a Star Wars coloring book for Episode 1 that I carried around when I was with my parents while they looked at houses. The only clear memory I have of our old apartment is offering a purple crayon to a neighbor to help me color in it. One of my first LEGO sets was from the first movie. I can look at them and recognize they’re not good but I feel comfy watching the first two.

I also generally prefer the aesthetics of the prequel era movies. There was a golden age of side content from that generation of Star Wars. Fantastic video games, cartoons, etc. I think it was all worth those bad movies just for that. I also find attempts to “improve” those movies fascinating. From Topher Grace’s edit of all three movies, to the version that removes Jar Jar, to the theory that Anakin has Borderline Personality Disorder, to the Ring Theory, it’s all fun to see.

• Like 1

sedentary

Yesterday was my work from home day.

I was so tired that I just laid in bed all day working from my laptop.

Weird times.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Damn it. I got a message this morning saying we’ll be going back to work this Wednesday. Well, the 2 months off were nice while they lasted.

I feel like Ron Swanson when Leslie showed up and told him that Parks and Recreation was back and he just responds with a sarcastic “Bully,” to fake his enthusiasm.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

For the first time ever, my barber reached out to me and asked if I needed a haircut. Obviously I did, so I finally got a haircut today. The steps she had to take to prep for me was nuts though, and I had to wear my mask, which made cutting my hair more of a task for her than it needed to be.

3 hours ago, eal said:

For the first time ever, my barber reached out to me and asked if I needed a haircut. Obviously I did, so I finally got a haircut today. The steps she had to take to prep for me was nuts though, and I had to wear my mask, which made cutting my hair more of a task for her than it needed to be.

She needed the money.

3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

She needed the money.

She’s been my barber basically since I was in 4th grade. When she left the chain hair salon she worked at to open up her own business, I continued to go to her. When my grandmother had to move out of her home, my barber took her on as a client despite not taking on anymore. So it would make me really sad if she went out of business or was hurt financially in some way due to circumstances outside of her control. If my patronage and her tip help in some way I’m more than fine with having to put up with some of the precautions.

• Like 1

Work has been kind of stressful to go back to, but it is good to see the other managers again. Been feeling anxious all week about this, so have been trying to find things that make me laugh. Found this remix by total accident but it’s pretty damn funny.

I am glad I started to just grow my hair out and not care in the past year. The rush for going to the barber must be pretty high right now.

• Like 1
I am glad I started to just grow my hair out and not care in the past year. The rush for going to the barber must be pretty high right now.
I've cut my oldest son's and my hair forever with clippers. We're good with short hair, so I throw that on something like 1/4" to 1/2" and go to town.

My youngest though has very fine, blond, curly hair. He's also a much fussier kid so he goes to the kids' barber. Today my wife broke down and decided she'd do it herself. Used my clippers for his sides and she used some of her fabric scissors. Other than some odd decisions around his ears, she did quite well.

My state locked down in the 15th, and it became very strict until  Memorial Day weekend in my part of the state (and about a week or two after downstate).

I'm "non-essential" but able to do some work from home. I'm "lucky" taking about a 30% reduction. At least I'm working. My hair at this point looks like something out of the mid-80s.

I hate the lockdown. It wasn't needed where I lived. The only part that needed it here was the cities and areas with nursing homes. My state actually put convid patients into nursing homes which is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

We're just starting to reopen here.

They reopened most stuff in the city. But there's no mask provisions, so everyone gathered in Fells Point shoulder to shoulder and without any kind of mitigation.

And for some reason someone fired a gun and there were several fights? 

Cases are going back up in some cities, can't image we're far off too.

• Like 1
They reopened most stuff in the city. But there's no mask provisions, so everyone gathered in Fells Point shoulder to shoulder and without any kind of mitigation.
And for some reason someone fired a gun and there were several fights? 
Cases are going back up in some cities, can't image we're far off too.
Yeah, Florida is devolving fast. My county had 250 cases a week ago. It's 450 now. Before we left for vacation it was easily fewer than 50% of people in stores wearing masks. People are stupid.

Michigan has been doing well all things considered. We are probably averaging around 250 new cases per day. I live in one of the more heavier hit areas in the State, but it isn't the worst. Our State has been reopened for a short while now. Though we had the state of emergency extended. Of course, people are upset over it. Even though they don't know the difference between a lockdown and State of Emergency.

Even though Michigan seems to be approving, I am still putting myself in lockdown for a while yet. I take care of an elderly mother and she is pretty afraid for the virus (and rightfully so). So I am stuck being precarious for a little while longer. Doctors advised her from going out and having visitors until the expected vaccine is out in the Fall.

Not really worried about it. Just hope it all blows over soon. I really don't want to hang out with friends until we get close to the single digits for new cases.

Florida is straight up #$*!ed. When I left for vacation, I'd estimate 20% of people were wearing masks in stores and people were out and about everywhere. They've set record numbers of new cases I think 5 of the past 7 days. My cousin works in hospital finance and his hospital and others in Tampa are sending home all non-medical personnel. Beds are filling. The governor says it's just because more people are being tested, but that doesn't explain how the % of people tested that test positive has gone from 4% to like 12%. I've given up hope for my summer camps after initially getting excited for them in late May. The school opening plan is quite and reminds me we're in this for the long haul.

My more rural county had like 250 total cases June 1st. Today that number has climbed to 650. Reopening has really gone poorly.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I spent the afternoon with a friend and later that evening she texted me to say an extended family member had just been hospitalized with the waifu virus. So we waited a few days to see if we'd develop symptoms. We were fine, as was her family, but we still decided to get tested just in case. There have been a bunch of clinics and such that have been converted to testing centers. The one we went to was highly recommended and I was really impressed with the service. Super clean, efficient, and all the employees were very professional and kind. The test wasn't that bad. The doctor stuck a swab up my nose counted to five, then stuck the other end in the other nostril and counted again. We got the antibody test, too.

We didn't have appointments, but that was actually good, because the non-appointment area wasn't near as crowded. We were in and out in about half an hour, and most of that time was just waiting in line. The tests only took a few minutes and the results were texted to us in about an hour. Thankfully nobody around us seemed sick either, so they were probably folks who needed a test for work and such.

Last week I spent the afternoon with a friend and later that evening she texted me to say an extended family member had just been hospitalized with the waifu virus.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd75525655f92d649c300e046742172215d296ed36b&rid=giphy.gif

Yeah I thought that too :D

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

To be honest I thought@eal would've been more at risk of that.

It’s a chronic illness. I’ve lived with it all my life. All you can do is take it day by day.

• Like 1

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd75525655f92d649c300e046742172215d296ed36b&rid=giphy.gif
You generally get it by playing DQ5 without wearing a mask.
  • Like 1

they finally mandated masks at work. Now I won't be the only one!

• Like 1

My radically conservative brother-in-law tried to talk crap about masks the other day. My cousin who's worked as an EMT for 30 years shut him and shut him down in a matter of minutes. It was quite an entertaining interlude in an otherwise annoying week.

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

My radically conservative brother-in-law tried to talk crap about masks the other day. My cousin who's worked as an EMT for 30 years shut him and shut him down in a matter of minutes. It was quite an entertaining interlude in an otherwise annoying week.

Language warning, kids: