RyuKisargi

How is everyone during the crisis?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

image.png

Haha. I’ve been saving up money to move to a new place. Can’t really do that right now with what’s going on, but I’ll keep saving where I can.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

On 4/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Haha. I’ve been saving up money to move to a new place. Can’t really do that right now with what’s going on, but I’ll keep saving where I can.

Good Luck. Moving can be a pain, but sometimes it's much needed. 

I moved twice in the last 3 years, so I will be happy if I can stay where I'm at for 15-20 years. 

• Like 1

I moved twice in the last 3 years, so I will be happy if I can stay where I'm at for 15-20 years. 
That'd be a dream. I've been in my house 4.5 years now. I was surprised to realize I almost spent 4 years at my wife's last townhouse. Other than that I hadn't lived in the same place more than 2 years in the previous 16 since we moved right before my senior year of high school.

57 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
23 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

That'd be a dream. I've been in my house 4.5 years now. I was surprised to realize I almost spent 4 years at my wife's last townhouse. Other than that I hadn't lived in the same place more than 2 years in the previous 16 since we moved right before my senior year of high school.

Yep, I feel ya. 

I spent the first 25 years of my life moving every 6 months to 2 years. I just wanna stay put. 

The last move was a decent financial decision, I think. I'm renting out one of my houses so I think that'll put me in a good spot in the future. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we’ll have bleach shortages now the way we had a toilet paper shortage.

• Like 1

For the people who are all, "I don't kNOW whAt daYYY it ISSSS!"

I wonder if we’ll have bleach shortages now the way we had a toilet paper shortage.
I mean, obviously there is an intelligence shortage!

I found out Zach Hadel (or PsychicPebbles) got a pilot on adult swim called Smiling Friends. I’ve seen him on OneyPlays and enjoy his nonsense for better or worse, so seeing he got a pilot made was pretty cool. It’s up on adult swim’s website and it’s pretty good.

Hopefully it gets picked up for a full series. And remember...

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

For the people who are all, "I don't kNOW whAt daYYY it ISSSS!"

Still have our jobs and I'm now working two days a week a week at home, so I'm doing a little better.

The actual days I'm at work have been crazy though.

• Like 1

Wife giving birth in two months. Working from home since the crisis escalated, I just took on a second job tutoring ESL for Japanese and Spanish people, online.

Haven't been getting as much PS4 time in as I've wanted. Life's just been crazy with a 3 year old and a new baby on the way. But I'm glad that I've still had time to record DQ Slime Time podcasts with Platty.

Mainly playing Quest of the Stars, and trying to plow through Dragon Warrior II, occasionally, on my phone, with my son. We beat the first game last month. By the time we get through IX he'll probably be ready old enough to play multiplayer with me. :upperslime:

Posted (edited)

I am feeling rather optimistic the last couple weeks. It still sucks, but things are still going fairly well for myself and my mom. I decided to take this time to lose some weight as well. I dropped about 10 pounds in the past month. Exercise helps a lot with a good mindset for me.

I am just so damn bored. I can't go out and don't have a job right now to keep me occupied. Just wanna hang out with my friends more then anything.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1

I was running late to work and didn’t have breakfast so I swung into Walmart to grab a box of Poptarts I can leave in the break room, only to be immediately stopped at the door and told by an associate that masks are now mandatory. I haven’t been bothering to wear masks, so I didn’t have any. Looks like this is the case for a lot of places at the moment as well.

I almost wanted to say to them, “if I can’t come in without a mask how am I supposed to buy them?” but I didn’t want to get into it and then run around the pharmacy aisles looking for masks to get so I just left. Thankfully, work has boxes upon boxes of masks.

• Like 1

So my state was going to start a slow roll of reopening on Friday. Test things out for two weeks, see how it goes, and if things get worse, roll it back. Fairly reasonable. Can't really complain. Then the judge from my county said, "Nah, #$*! it. Everybody can reopen to full capacity!"

And it's like, "...Dude..."

But for now I have faith that most people and businesses will keep their safety measures in place. The governor plans to step in like Dikembe Mutumbo. They're both from the same party, so it's not your usual partisan REEing. This is just posturing. And that's annoying because it just riles up the doomers, which makes NextDoor not fun to troll anymore.

My county is a large one with 600,000 people. Just over 400 active cases with 42 being hospitalized and 12 deaths. Though if the plan is reasonable, we should follow it to be on the safe side.

1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

So my state was going to start a slow roll of reopening on Friday. Test things out for two weeks, see how it goes, and if things get worse, roll it back. Fairly reasonable. Can't really complain. Then the judge from my county said, "Nah, #$*! it. Everybody can reopen to full capacity!"

And it's like, "...Dude..."

But for now I have faith that most people and businesses will keep their safety measures in place. The governor plans to step in like Dikembe Mutumbo. They're both from the same party, so it's not your usual partisan REEing. This is just posturing. And that's annoying because it just riles up the doomers, which makes NextDoor not fun to troll anymore.

My county is a large one with 600,000 people. Just over 400 active cases with 42 being hospitalized and 12 deaths. Though if the plan is reasonable, we should follow it to be on the safe side.

In my state, our governor didn't know people could be asymptomatic and now is holding a day of prayer to stave off Covid-19 infections.

I live in a world where a Cereal mascot's villain is running the state.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bururian said:

In my state, our governor didn't know people could be asymptomatic and now is holding a day of prayer to stave off Covid-19 infections.

I live in a world where a Cereal mascot's villain is running the state.

Maybe your governor is the Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak...🤔

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

8 hours ago, Bururian said:

That's...

Look, I'm not going to throw rocks at people for being religious. It's important to a lot of people, but you can't let your faith take away your common sense.

Videos like this are why I love Caddicarus. Just by looking at the thumbnail, I knew he was going to be talking about those damn “Gaming in the Clinton Years,” reviews over on YouTube. I used to see these on YouTube a long time ago and I remember how awful they were!

How'm I doing? Not well. Not well. Had to turn the house water off. c418b26aab395b47ebd7e0981e0b8da0.jpg1f2e9a37e7c4ba25e68e00eb2579ef99.jpg

Ugh. 845e2a598b81d1d1fb2de52e1ea92dfc.jpg

Posted (edited)

A customer was dancing around whether or not they had, have or never had COVID-19, so I guess we’ll see how it goes 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Got this email:

416B71FE-5277-4B2A-9A9D-715CCC466000.thumb.jpeg.fc4437774b35405d2170d255880f8ad8.jpeg

Face masks will be a fashion statement once all this is said and done.

Oh, they already are.

Lately more and more people seem to view masks as more of a safety blanket. Wearing a mask, but the nose is still exposed. Wearing a mask, yet sipping from a Starbucks cup. Yesterday I was headed to Target and a lady just walked into the middle of the road as she was putting on her mask and gloves. That may protect you from Corona, but not CAR-ona!

• Like 4

A special shout out to the true heroes of this pandemic - the NEETs!

Their efforts have not gone unnoticed. They play Animal Crossing for 8-12 hours every day. They eat nothing but junk food. They don't work, or contribute anything of value, really. And yet... these NEETs have achieved such sage wisdom they know how everyone should live their lives. They're so much better than us. We should really listen to them. Don't work. Don't worry about your family or your business. Don't think about how how you're going to pay bills or get food. Those will always be be there. Just stay home. Do nothing. Play games! Get fat! You're saving lives!

Yeah, just kidding. YEET that NEET!

Anyone who is unemployed or not actively pursuing education can be a NEET. For example, if someone lost their job due to the pandemic, they would be considered a NEET. The term also only refers to your job or educational status. You can still be actively social while being classified as a NEET.

Hikikomori is probably what you’re thinking of. A Hikikomori is someone who is socially isolated and reclusive. They engage in a lot of the habits you mention as well. Basically, not all NEETs are Hikikomori, but all Hikikomori are NEETs.

• Like 1

You're right. I should've clarified that there's a difference between someone who was laid off and someone who chooses a sedentary lifestyle. If that's the lifestyle you want to live...cool...I guess? Just understand that there are people out there working to make that first world lifestyle possible. I'm just sick of leaches living very well off others and acting so entitled and ungrateful. "You want to work. You're stupid and want people to die!" If you don't want to work, then get out of the way of the people that need to.