Sign in to follow this  
TetsuyaHikari

IP block in place again? (Update: it's not)

Posted (edited)

I've been kicked off the server twice so far tonight and both times, it told me to check my connection. The first time it happened, I was able to reconnect again, but it was a little slow. The second time it happened, I was presented with an error message upon opening the launcher, telling me that it was unable to connect to the server and that I needed to check my connection.

Is the IP block in place again for North America or am I just having bad luck right now? Everything else is still connecting and running fine, and my connection hasn't actually dropped today (only for this game).

EDIT: Looks like the server might have just been having issues earlier? I can get back on again. Weird.

Edited by TetsuyaHikari
  • Upvote 1

If the block is your issue you wouldn't be able to get on at all.

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Cranberry said:

If the block is your issue you wouldn't be able to get on at all.

Yeah, I kind of gathered that when I was able to get back on, lol. Not like I would've known as much at the time though. Hindsight is 20/20 after all.

All I know is I kept getting the error message people got during the IP block, so naturally I assumed it must have come back since it wasn't time for maintenance or anything like that, and my internet was fine. Glad that wasn't the case though.

There's no IP block anymore? Is that just for America?

Aw, shame it's not a wider area (no IP block would be better).

Er, sorry for the thread hijack. 

Yo guys, I've recently heard on another thread, that the IP Block has been lifted in Europe, does anyone happen to know whether this is legit or not, because if it is, it'll take a lot of the pressure off of having to get together a VPN.

52 minutes ago, Quest21 said:

Yo guys, I've recently heard on another thread, that the IP Block has been lifted in Europe, does anyone happen to know whether this is legit or not, because if it is, it'll take a lot of the pressure off of having to get together a VPN.

It's still up. IP block is only lifted in United States and has been that way for over a year now.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:26 PM, TetsuyaHikari said:

I've been kicked off the server twice so far tonight and both times, it told me to check my connection. The first time it happened, I was able to reconnect again, but it was a little slow. The second time it happened, I was presented with an error message upon opening the launcher, telling me that it was unable to connect to the server and that I needed to check my connection.

Is the IP block in place again for North America or am I just having bad luck right now? Everything else is still connecting and running fine, and my connection hasn't actually dropped today (only for this game).

EDIT: Looks like the server might have just been having issues earlier? I can get back on again. Weird.

I was also having issues playing  yesterday (Monday) morning since the two circle arrows that indicates connection status were going from green to yellow, thank God it never turned red or quick me out, but it seens like DQX servers had connection issues earlier, fortunately it seens like those issues got fixed now.