Sign in to follow this  
Kalmana

Found a nice find at retro game store and thought of you guys

Hey guys, been a while~

Anyways, I found this old 1989 Nintendo power that had an article of Dragon Warrior with old Nintendo Power art.  I looked on the main site, but didn't see the pages anywhere. I already have all of the pages scanned if you need all of the images. Here's two images as an example, the cover of the nintendo power, and one of the pages with the art.

IMG_20200320_0001.jpg

IMG_20200320_0005.jpg

• Like 2

There are 14 pages in total that I scanned that has art like this. If they do not exist on this site, i'll happily upload the rest so they can be added to this site.

Nice. It’s cool to see this artwork from Nintendo Power.

Man, I sure miss Nintendo Power magazines. I’m at least happy they have continued it (in a way) via the Nintendo Power Podcast.

I remember that from back in the day.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, Kalmana said:

There are 14 pages in total that I scanned that has art like this. If they do not exist on this site, i'll happily upload the rest so they can be added to this site.

Yeah I would take them, thank you.

"Write down what people say."

Man...It's been a while since I had to take notes to keep track of what was going on in a game. 

Awesome article. Thank you for sharing. 

56 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Man...It's been a while since I had to take notes to keep track of what was going on in a game. 

I did a variation of this for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. There’s a dungeon where you enter a room and there are a number of TV screens with nothing on them but one has an ad on it. You need to enter the room that corresponds with that TV based on its position on the map. Towards the end, there’s a note with a series of numbers and now all the TVs have a number on each of them, all totally out of order. The note shows the order of which room you should enter. I don’t remover what the numbers were but if it says 8194, you need to go to room 8, 1, 9, then 4. So I had to take a picture with my phone of the TV screens and the note and made sure I went in the right room.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:41 AM, eal said:

I did a variation of this for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. There’s a dungeon where you enter a room and there are a number of TV screens with nothing on them but one has an ad on it. You need to enter the room that corresponds with that TV based on its position on the map. Towards the end, there’s a note with a series of numbers and now all the TVs have a number on each of them, all totally out of order. The note shows the order of which room you should enter. I don’t remover what the numbers were but if it says 8194, you need to go to room 8, 1, 9, then 4. So I had to take a picture with my phone of the TV screens and the note and made sure I went in the right room.

Oh yeah.

That reminds me, I remember making some charts and taking notes when I was doing hacking in Fallout 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, cprmauldin said:

"Write down what people say."

Awesome article. Thank you for sharing. 

Meanwhile I have a notebook that probably had about 5 pages of notes on my playthrough of Xenoblade 2. And I didn't even complete the game. It was the first game I have played in a long time that really required taking some notes.