DranzerX13

Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken gets JPN Blu-ray release July 3, 2020

Posted (edited)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DQ_DAI_anime/status/1238390290441895937?s=19

The TV anime "Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai (1991)" broadcasted in 1991 has been converted to a Blu-ray BOX for over 30 years!

In addition to all 46 episodes of TV anime, the huge addition of all 3 movies also included! Full of gorgeous benefits such as three-sided back case drawn by anime and gome-chan goods drawn down ♪ High resolution full-length full HD remastered video scanned from high resolution 35 mm original negative! Enjoy the adventures of Dai again with vivid images!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B085TTWFYL/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ドラゴンクエスト+ダイの大冒険&qid=1584103475&s=dvd&sr=1-2

Edited by DranzerX13

That doesn't look like English.

• Like 1

No duh. It's Japanese only. I google translated the info from the official site.

What he’s getting at is that it’s a misleading title. I came in here thinking it was coming out in English.

I want it, but why is it £343? I know media is more expensive in Japan, but yeesh.

49 minutes ago, Chris said:

I want it, but why is it £343? I know media is more expensive in Japan, but yeesh.

Anime is a niche hobby so they charge niche prices.

What he’s getting at is that it’s a misleading title. I came in here thinking it was coming out in English.
How is JPN Blu-Ray release a misleading title? Lol

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
On 3/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, eal said:

How is JPN Blu-Ray release a misleading title? Lol

It’s been a couple days so I could be wrong but I’m 90% confident “JPN” was added to the title in after I made that post.

Edited by eal

I certainly cannot afford that. Anyone planning in buying it and ripping it?

It’s been a couple days so I could be wrong but I’m 90% confident “JPN” was added to the title in after I made that post.
Indeed it was revisionist history, yes.
I certainly cannot afford that. Anyone planning in buying it and ripping it?
I hear Netflix is.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I hear Netflix is. emoji12.png

For real? Don't pull my leg.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

they might, never thought they'd get Evangelion but yeah

I don't like Netflix's model though, they put a whole season out people talk about it for a weekend then bam! forgotten

anyways I have this preordered, might cancel though. The pricetag is not bad considering prices of other series. like 26 episodes of f'n Fate will go for like 300$ on Bluray. This is the entire series + movies. It's a pretty big event too. This is a ***Dragon Quest*** anime that has not been in print since the VHS days in Japan. No DVDs or anything until now.

In joking, I got my topics mixed. Thought this was about Your Story. Oops.

17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 4/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

In joking, I got my topics mixed. Thought this was about Your Story. Oops.

Yeah, come on Platty, no joking allowed. You know that. Take it from me, Henny Wenny the Clown.

2 hours ago, Fates said:

I don't like Netflix's model though, they put a whole season out people talk about it for a weekend then bam! forgotten

This can sometimes work in their favor because it allows shows like Tiger King of all things to gain traction quickly. Ironically, the discourse on Evangelion died because of the changes to the subtitles being the thing everyone was talking about, but in fairness, Eva has been talked to death by fans and they needed something new to bicker over.

And in all fairness, I’ve been around the block long enough to know that the conversation dies just as quickly when it comes out week-to-week. I remember Hinamatsuri being hot up until the week after the last episode aired. Everyone was excited about Grand Blue Dreaming and Welcome to the Ballroom. A new fan whose been watching anime for only a year won’t know what those shows are. The only real difference between the discourse of a show airing week-to-week or coming out all at once is speculation on what happens in the next episode or season.

Besides, I don’t think a standard fantasy shonen anime, an old one at that, would get much talk on Netflix. The only time people talked about Netflix anime was Devilman Crybaby and the aforementioned Eva. I don’t want Netflix to get it anyways. How many anime of theirs are physical Blu-rays you can buy? Seven Deadly Sins, Ajin, and Knights of Sidonia? This article gives some answers why that is: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2019-03-20/.144754

No, I’d rather Discotek get it. They’re known for selling old and niche anime and I believe they have a deal with Crunchyroll that gives them streaming rights to Discotek’s shows.

I will be buying it and ripping it for you guys. I already have it pre-ordered at $306 including shipping with Prime discount price. If anyone is interested in splitting the cost like 4 ways, that could work too. 

Posted (edited)

I bought a $316 Amazon Japan gift card with my stimulus check I got, and applied it to my pre-order. Once the Dai no Daibouken Blu-ray Box Set ships on July 4, it will use the gift card instead of my debit card after it ships. I'm just hoping the Coronavirus doesn't get any worse over in Japan, or the set will be delayed. I wish all of the Happinet, and Toei Animation staff best of luck in getting through this.

spacer.png

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Like 1

Yes I do. Currently in the process of revamping the translations, adding in the translations for both the recaps and next episode previews, translation checking. They will be ready when blu-ray is out. I will be releasing the WEB-DL ones a month before that. They have all the recaps and previews as well.

Yes I do. Currently in the process of revamping the translations, adding in the translations for both the recaps and next episode previews, translation checking. They will be ready when blu-ray is out. I will be releasing the WEB-DL ones a month before that. They have all the recaps and previews as well.

just got real!

8 hours ago, DranzerX13 said:

Yes I do. Currently in the process of revamping the translations, adding in the translations for both the recaps and next episode previews, translation checking. They will be ready when blu-ray is out. I will be releasing the WEB-DL ones a month before that. They have all the recaps and previews as 

Well I would certainly be down to help you pay for the bluray if your still looking for help.

The blu-ray box has already been paid for. I bought an Amazon Japan gift card and applied it to the pre-order. I now owe nothing when it gets released.

Hopefully by July this mess clears up -- BUT, Amazon Japan normally uses DHL for international shipments. They are still operating normally. So unless something horribly wrong happens, this release shouldn't be effected.

Unfortunately I have two items on buyee that, despite being on EMS, are stuck for the forseeable future.

Status on the product has been changed to this the attached image for buyers outside Japan. Unsure if preorders made before it will still ship.

dais adventure blu ray amazon japan.PNG