Sign in to follow this  
IsaOfTheWorlds

Where Can You Find Fanart?

I can find a handful of images on the Dragon Quest Reddit and through Google searches, mostly panoramic art of the whole series or specifically DQ1 and DQXI art, but anything in between is really spotty, particularly (oddly) Dragon Quest VIII. I can't find any Yangus art, for one, that isn't... weird fetish art on Pixiv. Where can I find a lot of high-quality Dragon Quest fanart? For a series as popular as it, you'd think it'd have more art than I've seen.

21 minutes ago, IsaOfTheWorlds said:

I can't find any Yangus art, for one, that isn't... weird fetish art on Pixiv.

If weird fetish art on Pixiv doesn't do it for ya, you can always try weird fetish art on Niconico Seiga or Tinami. (Niconico seiga has more weird fetish art to wade through than Tinami does in my experience, but I haven't done much deep diving into Tinami, either).

Part of it, I think, is that Yangus lacks the popularity of other characters in Japan (perhaps due to the fact that he's rather the opposite of a cute girl). I did a search for Yangus on Niconico Seiga and Tinami and got mostly not-unwholesome results, but there were very few in total.

I think your best bet long-term will be looking up japanese dq fanart on google, and then following the various hits you get to wherever you can find it. There is a lot of it, but getting to it brings up a lot of the perils of international web surfing.

Check out all the DQ tags on Instagram.

Pixiv is a good site but it's always iffy like that.. If it helps any make an account there and it will recommend you works you might prefer. Also search hashtags using the characters' Japanese names (this works well for Twitter too, since there's a large Japanese population). I think for most characters if you google them and find their wiki page, it'll list a Japanese name, you can copy and paste it to any search bar. 

Depends, do you want "regular" fanart, or nsfw fanart? The latter is much easier to find. *cough*rule*cough cough*youknowthenumber*cough cough*

Personnally I usually go on Deviantart or the likes. Pixiv is also a good alternative. What I suggest to get maybe more results, is to look for the japanese name directly. It usually gives more results.