Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jaybird

Japanese Version Events and Discussion

I'll admit it -- I like the game. Enough that I keep happening across cool things and effectively spoiling myself RE: possible events we could be facing.

I already shared the 30th anniversary Psaro fight:

...but I also just happened across the fight with Corvus during an apparent DQIX event as well:

Note the new transformation sequence at 5:14 and that they take Corvus' finishing move from Monster Battle Road.

• Like 2

Incidentally, I once compiled a list of the events of the Japanese version.  I think it's almost exhastive. It covers from the release date until Nov 2018.

Unfortunately it's written in Japanese, and the Japanese event names I think will provide little help for those who are not familiar with Japanese DQ games, but it won't hurt...

You can find it here. (It's in my Japanese blog site, of which topics are DQ9 and Stars.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, d9w.hatena said:

Incidentally, I once compiled a list of the events of the Japanese version.  I think it's almost exhastive. It covers from the release date until Nov 2018.

Unfortunately it's written in Japanese, and the Japanese event names I think will provide little help for those who are not familiar with Japanese DQ games, but it won't hurt...

You can find it here. (It's in my Japanese blog site, of which topics are DQ9 and Stars.)

Going off this, it seems we have an accelerated schedule, with DQI and DQII events overlapping, when in the original schedule they were one after the other.  

I guess that means we'll get a DQVI event faster than a year, at least?  But generally I'm not super fond of speeding up the schedule, from personal experience.  We'll see how it goes I suppose, there is a chance that we'll slow down at some point like Korea FGO (though Korea FGO also pissed off its playerbase to a degree it is basically dead now...). 

I'm just not sure how we can realistically catch up to JP on 5 years worth of content, considering that trying to catch up on two years worth of content like in Magia Record NA was already a nightmare.  

That and the Joker 3 tie in

• Like 1

Found a Japanese wiki you can all go look through if you'd like (Google Translated in advance): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgame8.jp%2Farchives%2F34432

You may end up spoiling yourselves, but I don't really think any of us are superconcerned to avoid spoilers.

Found a Japanese wiki you can all go look through if you'd like (Google Translated in advance): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgame8.jp%2Farchives%2F34432
You may end up spoiling yourselves, but I don't really think any of us are superconcerned to avoid spoilers.
Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have clicked. The Squirrel was your mother the whole time who'd once slept with your grandfather (her father-in-law thank Goddess), making Aqua & Snow not just your cousins, but half siblings.

Ruined.

Forever.

Now there's no point in playing.
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, Plattym3 said:

Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have clicked. The Squirrel was your mother the whole time who'd once slept with your grandfather (her father-in-law thank Goddess), making Aqua & Snow not just your cousins, but half siblings.

Spoilers, man!