Sign in to follow this  
maemangle

DQX V2 English plot summaries

Hello! I am a newcomer to Dragon's Den, here to post about DQX. While there are several comprehensive English plot summaries of V1: Awakening of the Five Tribes out there (I used this one in particular to get through my playthrough), I haven't been able to find any for V2. The Japanese walkthrough websites can be a little tricky to navigate, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create an English story guide for it.

I'll be completing each chapter in bite-sized chunks, and will update this thread whenever I complete one. I plan to upload the whole thing to GameFAQs and maybe a Tumblr blog when I am finished. Note that I am using Google Translate, so I may miss some small details, but I hope that I can help people who are starting V2!

Here is my first summary! It covers the quest that starts V2 as well as the part of the story that takes place on the ship. I hope that this helps! Feel free to reply or contact me on my twitter (@manglegrove) if you have any questions. 

• Upvote 1

Heyas, good to see you here! (I'm @ThatRyanMolina on twitter)

And thanks for this. I just finished V2 and my general understanding of it was a bit spotty even with google translate. This will help people out a lot!

Welcome Mae ! 

I'm glad to see that my v1 guide has been useful to people and even more glad that someone is planning to continue it and write a v2 guide. Hopefully one day we can have English guides for all 5 versions.

Be sure to post it here when you're finished so we can all enjoy.