Five years ago I asked all over the internet for help to translate the Wii game Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory and I got really discouraged by the lack of response. I am a huge Dragon Quest fan, I collect all the games in North America and all those that came out in Japan. I even collected all the various controllers, special editions, collector's editions of games, all the various consoles that came out with a Dragon Quest theme, figures and other merch I find interesting. My entire living room is a Dragon Quest museum. I have been doing this since Dragon Warrior came out.

Recently, I started playing Wii games again and I was very much frustrated by the fact that I couldn't play Battle Road Victory properly (I even have the special controller that came out for it by Hori).  In the last two weeks, I have translated most of the menus, all the information screens, the hint roll outs at the bottom of the screen, made progress in finding a way to translate the dialog of the RPG mode and even found a way to translated the trading card (Way too many for me translate, theres like 315)

Below are some sample screenshots of the translated stuff, and trust me when I say the word sample. Theres a lot of work thats already been done. I am posting here because I think I saw years ago someone who had most of the cards translated, and if you are out there, I'm reaching out to you. I know how you feel, not getting the required help. I feel you. Join me and the others in finally getting this project done. Meddling with the files is a lot of work, but I can do it and I can translate some stuff with my limited japanese knowledge.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by SlimeQuester
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Five years ago I asked all over the internet for help to translate the Wii game Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory and I got really discouraged by the lack of response. I am a huge Dragon Quest fan, I collect all the games in North America and all those that came out in Japan. I even collected all the various controllers, special editions, collector's editions of games, all the various consoles that came out with a Dragon Quest theme, figures and other merch I find interesting. My entire living room is a Dragon Quest museum. I have been doing this since Dragon Warrior came out.
Recently, I started playing Wii games again and I was very much frustrated by the fact that I couldn't play Battle Road Victory properly (I even have the special controller that came out for it by Hori). So I asked on the facebook group Dragon Questers for help with 2 or 3 screenshots of my previous translation work to see if I could even get ONE translator or some help and I did. In the last two weeks, I have translated most of the menus, all the information screens, the hint roll outs at the bottom of the screen, made progress in finding a way to translate the dialog of the RPG mode and even found a way to translated the trading card (Way too many for me translate, theres like 315)
Below are some sample screenshots of the translated stuff, and trust me when I say the word sample. Theres a lot of work thats already been done. I am posting here because I think I saw years ago someone who had most of the cards translated, and if you are out there, I'm reaching out to you. I know how you feel, not getting the required help. I feel you. Join me and the others in finally getting this project done. Meddling with the files is a lot of work, but I can do it and I can translate some stuff with my limited japanese knowledge.

1.jpg.3e709d53a05b86b06698a8aab7471266.jpg
2.jpg.fe16b14f414a036c47d639beddc72637.jpg
3.jpg.1c8476e1e25302b317a386b2bc05d870.jpg
4.jpg.a8a5db58fbbe34569baaacdb40687431.jpg
5.jpg.98e5b5a418ff0f6ef42cff5f56549956.jpg
6.jpg.60f0bcfaf74539df827437fda1b376e0.jpg
7.jpg.703656e69f45325d21e679713fb4aa9f.jpg
Hmmm... have you perchance listened to episodes of Slime Time? We've had representatives from a couple translation efforts on in the past year. Not sure if they'd be willing to help, but maybe they could point you in the right direction.

https://anchor.fm/podcast-d4a5800

As for the cards, was there someone translating them? I was just trying to get hold of ChiChi, an old member here who was translating cards from one of the generations of Dragon Quest card games. Not the same, but I wonder if that's what you're recalling.

So, how is your translated effort played? Via PC and emulation or on a modded Wii?
10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Hmmm... have you perchance listened to episodes of Slime Time? We've had representatives from a couple translation efforts on in the past year. Not sure if they'd be willing to help, but maybe they could point you in the right direction.

https://anchor.fm/podcast-d4a5800

As for the cards, was there someone translating them? I was just trying to get hold of ChiChi, an old member here who was translating cards from one of the generations of Dragon Quest card games. Not the same, but I wonder if that's what you're recalling.

So, how is your translated effort played? Via PC and emulation or on a modded Wii?

Using Dolphin emulator, but the builds I test work just fine on a Softmodded Wii too. Its better on PC though. I have a USB mayflash sensor bar and I am using real Wiimotes, so its like upscaled Wii games, which is super nice with DQM Battle Road Victory.

Edited by SlimeQuester
  • Like 3
  • 2 months later...

The translation was super cool, where do I download this partial translation?
If you connect using Wiimmfi, you will see that I am the leader of the ranking (Alex in Japanese) and my son in second with the name of Test in Japanese, of course there are only 2 of us in the ranking, but I accept challenges in online battles!

Edited by Alex
English
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

How did you edit files? Many file formats are unknown.

Also, do you rebuild whole iso? I can't load from folder on Dolphin.