Sign in to follow this  
Archfiend Wrangler

Most ridiculous Joker 3/Pro synth chains?

Greetings! You may have seen my visual representation of the absurd synth chain required for the final boss of DQM2 3D. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the hardest-to-synth monsters in Joker 3 and Joker 3 Pro. I'm less interested in playing these because of the amount of inexplicable cuts from 2 3D, but I'm still curious. Of the new top-tier monsters I'm aware of...

* The game's final boss Snapped Almighty (an advanced form of the good Doctor)

* The secret boss, Jormungandros (a mechanical snake-man-thing)

* Pro's even more secreter secret boss, Madyuraja, who has two forms.

* Shadroth and Fractos, of Heroes I and II.

* VIII 3D's superboss Juggerwroth.

* A new family of Incarni climaxing in Jester, a tiger who can in turn be fused with Wildcard to create The World.

So, anyone know how you get these dudes?

Edited by Archfiend Wrangler

I didn't make them, but I do recall figuring out the chain for fun. Jorm is pretty ridiculous, but with 3's .hack style disc system you can get a lot of S and SS rank monsters that can potentially hasten things, given you aren't screwed by rng when trying to make the disc(s) you need.

As for the pro monsters, idk. I'd assume they're even nuttier, like how the ancient beast was compared to rigor mortex.

• Like 2

So after taking a look at a Japanese site it looks at though the ultimate 3 Pro monster is this burly guy right here:

https://takanohimatubusi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/WVW69kPlzZMWuWbp2U.jpg

He requires a quad-synth of the new secret boss Madyuraja and three other mysterious monsters who all have similar names in kana and may all be alternate forms of the same character. Punching that into Google turns up a villain from an old manga; THAT's sure obscure!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that's a lot of synthing! I did that all back in the early 2000s with DWM2, but never again. These games are Hella fun, but I've grown to love completing more & different games than spending a ton of time on any one. That's some awesome work you did!

With the aid of a kind user on r/DragonQuest, I found him! The Demon King Vearn, from the manga Adventures of Dai, which is apparently getting an anime soon, hence his inclusion, I'd imagine.

His quad-synth is Madyuraja 2 plus Vearn's own weaker form and his two main henchmen from the manga. The latter three are, I believe, DLC, so Madyuraja's the only one you have to actually make, but still.

• Like 1