Sign in to follow this  
quasi_stomach

Trouble placing logs in DQB2

Anyone else have trouble placing logs in Dragon Quest Builders 2?  There are so many places it tells me I cannot place logs.  I can't figure out why.  It does seem to be related to the corner pieces somehow.  I think it might be a bug/glitch, 'cause sometimes I can do it and sometimes I cannot.

By logs, do you mean the small blocks of wood in a triple stack you use for certain "farm" related buildings, or by logs, do you mean the larger "blocks" you use for building with vertical and horizontal pieces with the two cap styles of pointed wood or metal that you use for making actual buildings or bridges (or realistic raised railroads or railroads as roller coasters)?

If it's the former, there should be no issue.  If it's the latter, as I think it to be, then I don't know, I've used them as exterior corners, where I have no issues placing normal building blocks next to them, or as exterior or interior blocks holding something up, with nothing touching them.  I don't have any issues laying down blocks as flooring next to the horizontal versions.

I'm not sure what you mean by corner pieces.  Are you referring to literal round corner blocks as in you're trying to place them next to or on top of them, hugging tight to the corners?  Like those castle round corners, and trying to place them into the curve area?  If that's what it is, they blocked layering on those corners due to an infinite item bug related to it.

Or are you trying to use them as actual corner blocks in a building, and for some reason the verticals cannot be placed down, like the game is blocking it?

2 hours ago, ignasia said:

By logs, do you mean the small blocks of wood in a triple stack you use for certain "farm" related buildings, or by logs, do you mean the larger "blocks" you use for building with vertical and horizontal pieces with the two cap styles of pointed wood or metal that you use for making actual buildings or bridges (or realistic raised railroads or railroads as roller coasters)?

If it's the former, there should be no issue.  If it's the latter, as I think it to be, then I don't know, I've used them as exterior corners, where I have no issues placing normal building blocks next to them, or as exterior or interior blocks holding something up, with nothing touching them.  I don't have any issues laying down blocks as flooring next to the horizontal versions.

I'm not sure what you mean by corner pieces.  Are you referring to literal round corner blocks as in you're trying to place them next to or on top of them, hugging tight to the corners?  Like those castle round corners, and trying to place them into the curve area?  If that's what it is, they blocked layering on those corners due to an infinite item bug related to it.

Or are you trying to use them as actual corner blocks in a building, and for some reason the verticals cannot be placed down, like the game is blocking it?

I mean the big, cappable, vertical and horizontal blocks.  When the horizontal blocks in the different directions butt against each other, they form a "corner" where the "logs" were "cut" to fit together.  This corner doesn't seem to let me place any other block on top of it. 

image.png.87371037a52d711d2f09e7fb613ddd0e.png

I tried placing more logs on top, or I tried placing fencing on top, but I cannot place them on the corner.  It seems that I can place logs on the corner if I first place one next to the corner, then another next to it, on the corner.  But the fencing cannot be placed on the corner at all.  It seems to be very inconsistent, but there must be a rule, 'cause this weird behavior does seem consistent.

• Upvote 1

Oh...I see.  I always go one to three more logs outward.  I guess by pure luck I've never attempted to put anything on that corner section.

Sounds like you've already answered your own question though, and very interesting to learn.  Thanks for the heads up.