Sign in to follow this  
Donyakoko

SO during downloads a story board of old ...

games appears .. Now for Dragon Quest IX it says originally launched on a handheld system.. (NDS) we all no that. It's the originally part that I cant't get passed here. UMMMM  What else has it been released on ?

Also anyone else feel slapped in the face when they talk about Dragon Quest 10 in that same story board ? 

5 minutes ago, Donyakoko said:

games appears .. Now for Dragon Quest IX it says originally launched on a handheld system.. (NDS) we all no that. It's the originally part that I cant't get passed here. UMMMM  What else has it been released on ?

Also anyone else feel slapped in the face when they talk about Dragon Quest 10 in that same story board ? 

DQIX - hinting at that Switch remaster!

DQX - yeah, it's talked about like we all got it.

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

DQIX - hinting at that Switch remaster!

I dunno if I’d play a Switch remaster. So much of its value comes from all the post-game content, and I don’t have the time for it anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever touch the DS version again. The maybe...250-300 I put into it was enough for me for one lifetime.

• Upvote 1

I dunno if I’d play a Switch remaster. So much of its value comes from all the post-game content, and I don’t have the time for it anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever touch the DS version again. The maybe...250-300 I put into it was enough for me for one lifetime.
I'd get it. I'd beat it. But yeah, my gaming habits have changed, I don't want to do 100 hours of thst again.

The one that stuck out to me was talking about DQXI like we got the 3DS version.

Way to rub that one in.

So much we have not gotten of the DQ stuff.. Square wonders why DQ games don't sell like stupid crazy here in the U.S. like they do in  Japan.. Why because we do not want to invest in a series if we do not know weather or not were going to get the whole thing.. Im still waiting on DQ10 and 3ds remake of monsters 2.. Was a translation project going but dude quit I think. 

We’ve gotten a lot lately, and it almost seems like a target strike. A critical well-received mainline entry, a remaster on a new system bolstered by a character appearing in Smash. Remakes of the original games, a couple spin-offs, with rumors of more coming to Switch in North America (Heroes), a movie on Netflix, and now a mobile game. I’ve said this before, but if Dragon Quest doesn’t pick up momentum after all this, it really is a niche series.

1 hour ago, Donyakoko said:

So much we have not gotten of the DQ stuff.. Square wonders why DQ games don't sell like stupid crazy here in the U.S. like they do in  Japan.. Why because we do not want to invest in a series if we do not know weather or not were going to get the whole thing.. Im still waiting on DQ10 and 3ds remake of monsters 2.. Was a translation project going but dude quit I think. 

The problem is it feel behind Final Fantasy back in the NES day. It took a long time before Dragon Warrior 1 came out in English, and half of the NES games came out over here when the SNES was becoming the big new thing.

Dragon Quest has had to play catch up, and thankfully in the last few years Square Enix has actually been trying to support the series and release games from it. I don’t understand why they said “#$*! you,” to the 3DS side of things game wise, but at least we saw Heroes 1 and 2, Builders 1 and 2, XI, and so forth.

It’s annoying how they act, but at least they are now making an effort.

ya im newer to the series but i aggree in terms of the dq titles they have been putting out some effort latley  but man dqx every time its mentioned i drool a bit lol if the west can get pso2 it can get dq x someday but ya so many games id love to dive into if made avalible and feels like a slap in the face them mentioning thease games we so far havnt got 

• Like 1