Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

They brought back Ultrus? Not gonna lie, kind of excited to take on the ultra slime. I have to wait half an hour to get there, but I'm gonna do it!

• Like 1

Where do you go to use the Mottle King Slime key? Finally got it but unsure where to use it. I don’t see any markers on the slime shaped islands.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Where do you go to use the Mottle King Slime key? Finally got it but unsure where to use it. I don’t see any markers on the slime shaped islands.

Are you talking about the thing you get for trading in Daily Quest tickets? Because that's a whistle, and you equip it.

6 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Are you talking about the thing you get for trading in Daily Quest tickets? Because that's a whistle, and you equip it.

Ah. I thought it was a key item that opened a mini dungeon and from beating it you earned the ability to summon the slime. Thanks.

As bad as I feel about kicking people out of multiplayer lobbies, I feel much less awful after reflecting on the fact that (A) I'm paying for the party with my own stamina, and (B) the troublemaker just will not engage with me when I'm obviously trying to communicate with him.

12 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

As bad as I feel about kicking people out of multiplayer lobbies, I feel much less awful after reflecting on the fact that (A) I'm paying for the party with my own stamina, and (B) the troublemaker just will not engage with me when I'm obviously trying to communicate with him.

I don't feel bad when they come in, everyone else is set up for a food combo, and they choose bread. Then when everyone is spamming "Go for a combo meal" the person doesn't change and readies themselves. So I do the same. I'll boot them if I'm the host because it's my stamina I'm using.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bururian said:

I don't feel bad when they come in, everyone else is set up for a food combo, and they choose bread. Then when everyone is spamming "Go for a combo meal" the person doesn't change and readies themselves. So I do the same. I'll boot them if I'm the host because it's my stamina I'm using.

I sorta wish more people would go for the four metal slime dumplings/cones. Sometimes I want an extra 300% experience. 

On 3/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

They brought back Ultrus? Not gonna lie, kind of excited to take on the ultra slime. I have to wait half an hour to get there, but I'm gonna do it!

And five bucks says that the goaded golem is the return of Mazin. Nice throwbacks!

It is nice to see that there are a lot of people who are enjoying the game. But this is one of those games that I really can't get myself into. I am probably going to try playing it again this weekend and give it another chance. I will probably just drop the game after this weekend if I don't feel like things are picking up.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, Bururian said:

Not Aust, but if you go to Equipment forge and go to this tab, if you have the recipe you can craft it and then equip it as an accessory on the character.

OuE5XV0.jpg

What star level does this Equipment Forge unlock? I’m getting tired trying to work for it just to make an accessory.

16 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What star level does this Equipment Forge unlock? I’m getting tired trying to work for it just to make an accessory.

Somewhere below 13 and above 6. My star level just hit 14, but I've had the forge unlocked for some time. Possibly level 9 or 10?

On 3/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, AustNerevar said:

Just saw a JP player use a stamp in battle and it had JP characters on it. So is there crossplay?

I've had some multiplayer sessions where I'll use DQ stamps in English and they're respond in either Chinese Kanji or French, so it's definitely some sort of international cross play. Almost half the times it's people with all Kanji names joining my multiplayer sessions when I host.

It's funny, though, that there's a universal stamp-language to someone not selecting food fast enough, or not selecting food that combos with everybody else. It's either the "make it a combo meal" stamp, the "Staaare" stamp or the other players immediately give up, disband and go elsewhere.

I've also had people bounce from the multiplayer set-up page when I've posted the "Let's goo!" stamp, which I think pissed them off when they weren't selecting food fast enough. People are slow with the "Ready to Go" status, so typically I'll use the stamp,"All ready?" Then, if they don't respond I'll embark with them anyway, so that at least if they suddenly bail we'll still get their NPCs for the battle. It's a courtesy to ask to see if they're ready before you force them to come along for the Multiplayer ride.

I played for an hour yesterday. First time in a while. Got some stuff.

The amount of times I'll host a room, and 3 of us will have the event items lined up for the +60 luck, then #4 comes in and chooses something like bread or ham. Everyone is spamming them to change to a combo food, and they do nothing. I kick a lot of people like this. I don't know if they're not paying attention or just being trolls.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, Plattym3 said:

I played for an hour yesterday. First time in a while. Got some stuff.

I'm so proud of you.

Anybody visited Squirril Station yet? I don't really like it. One of the games is just Rock, Paper, Scissors with a double or nothing extra, and the other game is a bit less luck based, but threatens to eat your cash if things don't work out right, and it takes so long to get anywhere. 

And the prices at the Pressie Counter are ridiculously high. I don't even want to think how long it'll take to amass that amount of coins. The game doesn't even want you to buy your fortune, since you can't trade gold for coins if you have 3000 coins.

• Like 1

I've played it a bit. It is a gacha game after all. They're trying to get you to spend real money. Even if you have the Star Pass, it still takes 850k coins to get that Gabadout scroll which I imagine will take the whales a week or so to get.

I'll play in it from time to time but I'm not gonna try to go ham on it.

It's a gacha, but it still seems ridiculous. I guess Fire Emblem Heroes spoiled me, since despite being F2P, I gathered a large selection of five star heroes and I'm able to clear content with minor trouble.

• Like 1

The difference of a Gacha that pulls units compared to a gacha that pulls equipment instead.

I love the stupid coin pusher game, used to play those at the county fairs a bunch when I was a kid :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

I love the stupid coin pusher game, used to play those at the county fairs a bunch when I was a kid :)

Same. I love playing these so much.

I have seen true misery, and its name is a twice-revocated Chinese battlemaster.

Luckily, I have befriended true misery, and can sic him on my enemies.

17 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Anybody visited Squirril Station yet? I don't really like it. One of the games is just Rock, Paper, Scissors with a double or nothing extra, and the other game is a bit less luck based, but threatens to eat your cash if things don't work out right, and it takes so long to get anywhere. 

And the prices at the Pressie Counter are ridiculously high. I don't even want to think how long it'll take to amass that amount of coins. The game doesn't even want you to buy your fortune, since you can't trade gold for coins if you have 3000 coins.

You probably won't get coins directly from the games very often; I'm pretty sure the direct coin-earning method is by clearing the missions and raising your level. Admittedly, one of the missions is getting jackpots in the king slime coin pusher thing, so you'll get at least a few coins that way, I imagine.

I've already got the event missions to worry about (and a new continent, which I have yet to explore), so I only intend to jump in and complete the daily missions for the Station.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:38 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

I have seen true misery, and its name is a twice-revocated Chinese battlemaster.

Luckily, I have befriended true misery, and can sic him on my enemies.

You probably won't get coins directly from the games very often; I'm pretty sure the direct coin-earning method is by clearing the missions and raising your level. Admittedly, one of the missions is getting jackpots in the king slime coin pusher thing, so you'll get at least a few coins that way, I imagine.

I've already got the event missions to worry about (and a new continent, which I have yet to explore), so I only intend to jump in and complete the daily missions for the Station.

That's what I'm doing.

I just really hate the One-Two-Hey! game. 10 coins to play, but I've had games where the back and forth goes on for up to 6 or so turns, only for me to then lose 10 coins. It's such a time waster, and not in a good way. I got lucky once and doubled my bet three times, I cashed out because it really doesn't feel like it's worth it after the first double. This is real, true gambling.

I have all the event gear at this point, but I haven't been trying to max out the evolving on the gear. my main dude has the Battle God gear maxed including the sword so I trounce anything currently as a battlemaster. I'm trying to work on secondary advanced vocations for my party but it's moving slower due to me getting low on keys and chocolates. I've been relying on the Alltrades fights for the x5 XP. It's slow, and it eats your stamina if you do it more than once past the free daily play, but it really gets the job done.

I have a Formal Complaint to Lodge with the Maker of the Coin Pusher game. I got to the Zoma fight and died twice because the game kept throwing crummy monsters at me.

5 hours ago, Bururian said:

I have all the event gear at this point, but I haven't been trying to max out the evolving on the gear. my main dude has the Battle God gear maxed including the sword so I trounce anything currently as a battlemaster. I'm trying to work on secondary advanced vocations for my party but it's moving slower due to me getting low on keys and chocolates. I've been relying on the Alltrades fights for the x5 XP. It's slow, and it eats your stamina if you do it more than once past the free daily play, but it really gets the job done.

Historically, it really hasn't been difficult collecting the gear. Maxing it out is definitely a chore, though. I'm not too worried if I miss out, though; I'm sure we'll be seeing it again sooner or later.

6 hours ago, Bururian said:

That's what I'm doing.

I just really hate the One-Two-Hey! game. 10 coins to play, but I've had games where the back and forth goes on for up to 6 or so turns, only for me to then lose 10 coins. It's such a time waster, and not in a good way. I got lucky once and doubled my bet three times, I cashed out because it really doesn't feel like it's worth it after the first double. This is real, true gambling.

You already get your main advanced vocations to level 50 or 99? If you haven't at least gotten to 50 in it, it isn't worth grinding out another.