Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

Anybody got into an advanced vocation yet? I'm just trying to figure out what level to be in order to finally acquire a damn scroll. I attempted to get a Battlemaster scroll with my party at level 50, and the boss at 40, but I got wiped like bird poo on a windshield. The hell level do they want you at?

2 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Anybody got into an advanced vocation yet? I'm just trying to figure out what level to be in order to finally acquire a damn scroll. I attempted to get a Battlemaster scroll with my party at level 50, and the boss at 40, but I got wiped like bird poo on a windshield. The hell level do they want you at?

I beat them at 50 for the Paladin, Battlemaster and Superstar scrolls. You should probably take a look at your gear again to set yourself up properly.

59 minutes ago, Bururian said:

His goatee was forged among the steel. It is a strong goatee. It is powerful.

Some could even say...It's made of the stars themselves.

That’s some Dark Souls quality lore writing right there.

1 minute ago, Bururian said:

I beat them at 50 for the Paladin, Battlemaster and Superstar scrolls. You should probably take a look at your gear again to set yourself up properly.

I don't have a whole lot of good stuff to choose from. Not that I've met much challenge beforehand. The Falcon Blade carries hard, especially after a Falcon Wardance.

1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Defending is your friend.  The boss will "counter attack" and use a powerful skill when the bar changes color, so that's the time to whip out your shield and brace yourself.  I managed the Sage, Armamentalist, and Paladin ones at 50-ish with that.

Getting the Cannock/Midenhall pants to drop is killing me. I think I have about 10 of everything else so far but not one set of pants for either person yet.

37 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Getting the Cannock/Midenhall pants to drop is killing me.

OK, there is a joke there somewhere ;)

Wow, that's some awful phrasing.

One goatee to rule them all...and in the darkness...BIND THEM.

Getting the Cannock/Midenhall pants to drop is killing me.

Have you tried laughing at his jokes, biting your bottom lip, or frequently touching him? Body language is key.
  • Like 1

Getting the Cannock/Midenhall pants to drop is killing me. I think I have about 10 of everything else so far but not one set of pants for either person yet.
[insert Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay bottomless party clip, extremely NSFW]

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Defending is your friend.  The boss will "counter attack" and use a powerful skill when the bar changes color, so that's the time to whip out your shield and brace yourself.  I managed the Sage, Armamentalist, and Paladin ones at 50-ish with that.

Ignore my post. Figured out my rhythm now.

I am trying to find "sturdy fitting" to craft a rousing ring. I have 3 but I don't remember where I got them from. Any ideas where they drop?

I'm honest enough to admit that I'm petty enough to be irked by the inconsistent localization. Back in my day, we called our battlemasters gladiators and we liked it that way.

1 minute ago, Flute_Warrior said:

I am trying to find "sturdy fitting" to craft a rousing ring. I have 3 but I don't remember where I got them from. Any ideas where they drop?

They mmmight be a daily login or similar bonus; I vaguely recall discovering some in my inventory and I don't recall encountering them. Failing that, there's always checking the info page of every level of every dungeon to see if they're listed anywhere, but even I'm not that obsessive.

I just screenshot everything so that I can go through it all later.

• Like 1

Found it.

Item: light/sturdy fitting 

Continent: Batraccia

Dungeon: Old Mountaintop Castle

Boss: Mean Spirit (L1)

• Upvote 2

First draw of the night54e1c2d971c6b0bdc31bbe2e77fc78a7.jpg

Alright, I was able to get all the Battle God gear. Now I’ll need to see if I can get that King SpotSlime key next.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

I'm honest enough to admit that I'm petty enough to be irked by the inconsistent localization. Back in my day, we called our battlemasters gladiators and we liked it that way.

Welp, I went and checked, and find I should bite my tongue again. Gladiators have always been Battlemasters in Japan. Can't fault 'em for a more accurate translation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

First draw of the night54e1c2d971c6b0bdc31bbe2e77fc78a7.jpg

You lucky son of a gun.

Just saw a JP player use a stamp in battle and it had JP characters on it. So is there crossplay?

Just saw a JP player use a stamp in battle and it had JP characters on it. So is there crossplay?
100% sure it was Japanese, not Chinese?

The Japanese writing system is a heavily derived spin-off of the Chinese, so they share many, many characters.

You could possibly have seen a Japanese-version player, but I doubt it on the grounds that the Japanese are on a very different event schedule and there's no known way to reach from the Japanese server to the international.

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
10 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

100% sure it was Japanese, not Chinese?

Well no, not 100% sure. I should've screenshotted and then used Translate to check.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:07 PM, Flute_Warrior said:

Found it.

Item: light/sturdy fitting 

Continent: Batraccia

Dungeon: Old Mountaintop Castle

Boss: Mean Spirit (L1)

Also dropped by Anteater boss at Guardian Eldertree L2.

• Upvote 1

I have now crafted my Slime Stack gear and Metal Medley gear with the fan and earrings. I don't think I'll bother to make multiple for evolving, having one is enough as I'd just glamour them over my current gear.