Plattym3

Brags & Bitching - what'cha think?

On 3/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Liamland said:

How did you get one? I've been asking on the FB page for QotS, but people give me vague responses about getting it from a tutorial with no details for how to access it. Poking around in the interface I found nothing like that, and no one was able to clarify the exact stage, or if they meant the very first story quest available. Any details are much appreciated. That's the only weapon I want. I currently am wielding a hero spear that I got on day 1, only to find it's not as good as the one from DQIX.

Initial 5-pull has it for sure. I've been told the lucky draw from sub can net one, too. It doesn't seem to be part of the regular pool.

I haven't had a good 10-pull since day two of the game. I almost always get 5-star helmets and nothing else really. I haven't gotten another 5-star weapon since last Wednesday.

I'm trying to make a good spread of weapons for Crown Clean-up, but There are a few that I don't have better than a 3-Star for. I know you don't NEED a 5-Star to do that, but I'd like one regardless for future event running for specific skills as well.

Multiplayer has:
-shared draws, where every member of the party gets a duplicate of all the items collected by each teammate
-the end-of-level luck counter, where you get a guaranteed extra drop at the end of the level for every hundred points of luck the party has (right now at least every player has 50 points of luck, and people with the paid star pass or adventurer pass get an extra 30), and specific combo meals can boost luck further (the King Slime Dumpling gives an extra 90 points)

So I dunno if multiplayer has higher rates confirmed or anything, but it does have more opportunities to get stuff and fewer choices (compared to, say, the draw rates), so maybe it's that.

13 hours ago, Liamland said:

Ah, do you remember if it was the daily free metal chest or the paid DQ I & II?

Unfortunately, the RNG on the chests is just as bad as it was on the Super Light tombola. Last night I did a 3000 gem 10-pull on the Metal Chest lottery and didn't get a single piece of metal equipment.

I wanna say it was the DQ 1 & 2 chest, but don't quote me on that. Feel free to use Sirin how you want, though with my Sailor vocation almost at level 50, I'll probably be switching soon.

Does anyone know how long the Battle God stuff is going to be available in the squirrel town? I only now just learned how you earn the daily tickets from the daily quests (roll your eyes at me if you want, but I had no idea where to go to even find the daily quests) and I’m hoping I can get the three armor pieces since they resemble Erdwin’s getup from DQ11.

21 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Does anyone know how long the Battle God stuff is going to be available in the squirrel town? I only now just learned how you earn the daily tickets from the daily quests (roll your eyes at me if you want, but I had no idea where to go to even find the daily quests) and I’m hoping I can get the three armor pieces since they resemble Erdwin’s getup from DQ11.

*rolls eyes*

Since you offered and all. Anyway, I don't see a timer on them, so who knows. I still need to grab the bottoms to complete the collection. I love the headgear. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't see them going away in a week, so if you start today you can have them by Saturday night. There's 5 of each available, so that means it'll probably be available for at least three weeks to a month since you only get a ticket a day. I got a set and got the Mottle slime whistle. Will definitely try to get more of the top since it gives auto-oomph.

Edited by Bururian

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Don't worry about it. The quest menu can be hard to penetrate, especially considering how much they've thrown at us and how much they haven't. The "Daily Quests" event summary in the notices section doesn't seem to list an expiration date for the availability of the Battle God (BG) gear, so I wouldn't worry. It looks to me like it'll be on sale for at least the first twenty days of service (enough time to get every single BG gear item and evolve them all together), so you have more than enough time to get at least one copy of everything.

10 hours ago, Bururian said:

I got a set and got the Mottle slime whistle. Will definitely try to get more of the top since it gives auto-oomph.

The Mottle Slime whistle is what does that? I've been noticing a lot of the multiplayer folks have auto-oomph.

3 hours ago, Liamland said:

The Mottle Slime whistle is what does that? I've been noticing a lot of the multiplayer folks have auto-oomph.

The BG crown has Instant CT Booster (15% CT Boost at the start of battle), the BG top has Instant Oomph, and the BG bottom has Skilful (sic) Finish Lore (Low) -- which gives the user an extra 10% CT following a skillful finish, which with the Instant CT Booster makes 25%, so if you get the 75% CT Bonus for a skillful finish (I think 500+ overkill), allows you to basically keep generating full cycles of CT to start fights with. There are also miscellaneous strength boosts the set gives you to help you out like that.

A lot of people wear Battle God equipment and then wear different clothes on top of it via the Appearance menu (accessible from the "Home" menu). They also do this for the sets of dragon armor.

The mottle king whistle gives you the "Mottle King Assist: Mottled Impact" ability, which summons a mottle king to come to your aid and wallop every enemy for I think a minimum 200% damage, but only once per level. Despite the unique bright yellow symbol, it's actually counted as a support-ability (most of which use the blue cross shape) so you can level it up with support ability orbs, which are the same shade of blue.

Posted (edited)

Is Battle God equipment and the Mottle King Whistle part of a paid-only premium such as the monthly subscription or the paid Starter Packs? Or are these accessible in the game's story, or the RNG chests?

Edited by Liamland

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Liamland said:

That was suuuuper bad wording on my part.

The Battle God Top gives auto oomph.

They are available as ticket redemption from the Daily Quest tickets

Edited by Bururian

My god, I hate the levels that a Crown requires defeating a Metal Slime.

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

Yeah you have to play them like 10 times each it seems like to get them to spawn

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Liamland said:

Is Battle God equipment and the Mottle King Whistle part of a paid-only premium such as the monthly subscription or the paid Starter Packs? Or are these accessible in the game's story, or the RNG chests?

No, the BG gear and Mottle King whistle are available through the Daily Ticket trade-ins at the Bushy Bazaar. You can get one such ticket upon each completion of a daily mission.

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

Yeah you have to play them like 10 times each it seems like to get them to spawn

And it'd be such a shame if they were mostly stamina-intensive missions, too. Almost twenty minutes of waiting accrued every time the RNG disfavors you would be just awful.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bururian said:

I just stopped giving a damn about getting Crowns in cases like those. The rewards are usually crap.

2 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I just stopped giving a damn about getting Crowns in cases like those. The rewards are usually crap.

Well I have caught up to where the story stops, so I'm doing it to buff up my prestige classes while keeping motivation going.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Don't worry about it. The quest menu can be hard to penetrate, especially considering how much they've thrown at us and how much they haven't. The "Daily Quests" event summary in the notices section doesn't seem to list an expiration date for the availability of the Battle God (BG) gear, so I wouldn't worry. It looks to me like it'll be on sale for at least the first twenty days of service (enough time to get every single BG gear item and evolve them all together), so you have more than enough time to get at least one copy of everything.

I’m hoping they’ll be around until the end of March or at least until the 11th of March. I now have the sword and headgear, so I just need at least two more days for the other pieces of armor. A lot of the other limited items seem to be up until the end of the month, so I’m hoping the ones not time stamped will be up until then too.

Anyway, question for @AustNerevar, how did you get a mustache on your character? Whenever I’ve teamed up with your character in my game I’ve noticed he has facial hair. I wouldn’t mind my character having something to match my own.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m hoping they’ll be around until the end of March or at least until the 11th of March. I now have the sword and headgear, so I just need at least two more days for the other pieces of armor. A lot of the other limited items seem to be up until the end of the month, so I’m hoping the ones not time stamped will be up until then too.

Anyway, question for @AustNerevar, how did you get a mustache on your character? Whenever I’ve teamed up with your character in my game I’ve noticed he has facial hair. I wouldn’t mind my character having something to match my own.

Not Aust, but if you go to Equipment forge and go to this tab, if you have the recipe you can craft it and then equip it as an accessory on the character.

OuE5XV0.jpg

21 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Not Aust, but

You aren’t?!?? What?! Everything I knew was a lie...

Seriously though, thank you for pointing out where I can find that. I wasn’t sure if I had just missed a customization option somewhere in the barber shop or if it was something that eventually unlocked in there to further change the look of characters.

Thanks Bururian.

I'm sorry you had to learn this way, Yangus.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I'm sorry you had to learn this way, Yangus.

It’s okay. I had to learn sooner or later.

I just don’t know if I’ll be able to trust anything ever again...

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s okay. I had to learn sooner or later.

I just don’t know if I’ll be able to trust anything ever again...

Don't trust yourself, trust in me, who trusts in you.

Seriously though, thank you for pointing out where I can find that. I wasn’t sure if I had just missed a customization option somewhere in the barber shop or if it was something that eventually unlocked in there to further change the look of characters.
Thanks Bururian.
Yes, I crafted my goatee in a forge.

32 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Thanks Bururian.

Yes, I crafted my goatee in a forge.

His goatee was forged among the steel. It is a strong goatee. It is powerful.

Some could even say...It's made of the stars themselves.

• Upvote 1